Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 11 February 2013

Happy Hippies

Hello fellow crafters,
I would like to welcome my newest follower, Chris. Thank you for signing up, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Also, I have just noticed that I have had over 10,000 page views - that just amazes me. When I made the first nervous steps to begin my blog, I thought it would take me a year or 2 to reach that number, so thank you all for your interest.






















Recently, John and I were invited to a friend's 50th birthday party. In order to make it more special, she decided to have a 70s theme.

Flower Power, hippies, and protest marches were still 'Happenings' in the early 70s, so that was how John and I decided to dress. Everything except our sandals, and John's glasses and jeans were purchased at an op. shop in a nearby town, for the grand sum of $10! I washed everything the next day, and donated them back to the op. shop.

We printed the signs and the neck medallions on the computer, from a freebie site. 

Our entrance to the party was so funny...we marched in, chanting the ubiquitous "What do we want...(fun)...When do we want it...(now)", and all the older guests who had arrived before us, joined in, while marching around the garden and through the house. The 8 or 9 younger people there (aged in their teens and early 20s) just stood and stared...they thought we 'oldies' had 'lost our marbles'!

Enough of this frivolity..I will be back soon with something a little more sensible...a card methinks.

Thanks for visiting,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

5 comments:

  1. Love the outfits Jennifer. "Peace". Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun time, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG! Jennifer. You both look super, pmsl. Sounds like a fun evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a themed party Jennifer and your 70s outfits are brilliant. Hope you had a great evening! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like this was great fun ... Brilliant costumes!!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.