Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 15 October 2012

Poppies and Roses

Hello fellow crafters,
Finally we have some pleasant spring weather. Yay!!! Let's just hope it lasts before the predicted horror summer heat sets in.

Today I have a card for you that has a very unusual colour combination for me - black and orange. Here in Australia we tend not to celebrate Halloween, so although I have admired so many cards in recent and current challenges using that theme, I have not participated. However, Cheery Lynn's current challenge theme does not specify 'Halloween', just 'Black and Orange', so I thought "why not have a go", challenge being the key word.
I have always loved poppies, so decided to use a very old, favourite stamp by PSX, a company which sadly disappeared some years ago. Their stamps are such beautiful quality. The luxurious glittered DP is First Edition Desert Blooms.
I coloured the image with my Promarkers. 
The black flowers were punched using a Carl punch, and the roses and gems are from my stash.
The inside of the card is also decorated.
Dies I have used are Cheery Lynn Lace Light Deco Border, Fanciful Flourish, Flourish Leaf Strip; and Spellbinders Classic Circles (plain and scalloped).

Challenges I would like to enter are -
Cheery Lynn #49 - 'Black and Orange'
Wags and Whiskers #90 - 'Orange, Green, Black and White'
I hope you enjoyed (or are still enjoying) your weekend,
Until next time, thank you for visiting,
Hugs, Jennifer. x


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers, fabulous colour combination and I love your die cuts!
    Brilliant card!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Jennifer, (as always). Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jennifer. Love the image and how beautifully you've coloured it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee Jennifer this one really pops! Absolutely love your combo fo black flowers and swirls with the poppy image and orange 9but not too bright orange :-) ) paper - it's stunning! Thsi si a colour combo that always makes me break out in a bit of a sweat if a challenge requires it ... but I'm reeling inspired now!
    hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...or even feeling inspired lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card with great, delicate colouring...thanks for joining Wags n Whiskers!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Jennifer! Love that image!! Thanks for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely Jennifer! You've really shown that the orange and black colour scheme can work beautifully for something pretty and feminine. Enjoy the warmth of your Australian spring - and spare a thought for us Brits as we shiver into winter! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.