Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 13 October 2012

Dancing Piggy

Hello fellow crafters,
To say the weather is strange would be an understatement! Last Friday, we had a sweltering 36 degrees C, but yesterday and today have been FREEZING - 10 degrees without the icy wind contributing to the chill factor. We have had the fire blazing, and are dressed in multi-layers of clothing. Many parts of eastern Australia are blanketed in snow for the first time in more than a century. We have also had dangerous gale-force winds, but so far we have not had any of our hundreds of huge trees on our property blow over.

I have not been able to do too much crafting this week, as I had to have a cortisone injection into a tendon in the palm of my hand on Tuesday. I have had a 'Trigger Finger' on my right hand for about 6 months, whereby my finger 'locks' if I bend it (a tad painful), and since the injection it is very bruised and sore. Hopefully, the condition will improve somewhat, or surgery is the only other course of action.
This happy little girl is Party Pig, a Beccy's Place digi stamp. The DP is DCWV The Glitter Stack. I bought the felt flower at a craft fair in London 2 years ago in a packet of 5 (no name). IRL, it is very similar in colour to the purple cardstock with which I have layered everything, so I don't know why it looks so different in the photo. I printed 'Celebrate' on my computer, and again the colour is more purple IRL. The font is Curlz.
I coloured Party Pig with my Promarkers, and used 'Star Dust' Stickles on her beads and party hat.
The card base is a standard opening card. The hat is a Cuttlebug die, the Double Loop border is a Martha Stewart border punch, and the squares were cut with a Spellbinders Classic Square die.

I would like to enter the following challenges-
Crafty Boots - 'Use Three of Something' (3 Spellbinder dies, and 3 swirl offcuts inside card)
Di's Digi Downloads - 'Animals Acting Like Humans' 
Papertake Weekly - 'All Creatures Great and Small'
Beccy's Place - 'Use Beccy's Place Image'

Until next time, thank you for visiting, and welcome to my new follower.

Hugs,
Jennifer.


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jennifer. What a fun image! Love the colours and backing papers too.
    Thanks for joining this fortnights Di's Digi Downloads Challenge.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so sweet, Love it. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun card and you have coloured the pig so well. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic Jennifer!!! I love the way you have coloured and stickled the image, it was definitely worth the work, she looks fabulous! I really like the glitzy background paper you chose and the felt flower is lovely too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely bright fun card Jennifer - perfect for a celebration! You certainly are having some extreme weather conditions - here in the UK we're back to normalish autumn weather. I do hope your finger gets better soon - you'll be having crafting withdrawal symptoms! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.