Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 22 October 2012

Fairy Bear Hugs

Hello fellow crafters,

Gosh, we are experiencing the weirdest weather - the past few weeks have been freezing one day and sweltering the next. On Saturday it was 39 degrees C, yesterday was a pleasant 25, and today was 14 with an icy wind making the temp. feel much lower. We are back into winter clothes, and have the fire blazing, while only 2 days ago we had the air conditioner going. To quote John Lennon "strange days indeed".
Tonight I have a card I made for Eliana, a lovely American friend in Miami, Florida. She emailed me to say she has received it, so it is safe to post it on my blog. We actually met some time ago via eBay, when I bought some Stampavie stamps from her, and we now email each other regularly. We both share a mutual love of animals. Eliana's eBay ID is ratones67, and I can highly recommend her for very prompt, friendly attention, and great prices. 

The cute image is a Stampavie clear stamp, called Fairy Bear. I coloured her and her kitty friends with Promarkers, then added Stickles Star Dust to her flowers and wings. I also added Star Dust to the little coloured circles on the DP (don't know its name, its from my stash). I then used my Martha Stewart PATP Butterfly punch around the edges of the DP, adding Star Dust to the corner butterflies. The 3 small butterflies, and the Branch ferns are also MS.

I have had those sweet little mini flowers for about 2 years. The sentiment is computer generated - the font is French Script. 
The inside of the card co-ordinates with the front. I used Spellbinders Labels ?One for the area on which to write my personal message, and also for the image on the card front. The corners on the layered pink card are trimmed with an EK Success punch, and the tiny flowers are punched with a Carl punch.

I would like to enter my card in - 
                              Flutter By Wednesday Challenge - 'Any Winged Creature'

I have to have another of my regular blood tests early tomorrow morning, followed by an appointment with my doctor to find out the results of several tests and procedures I have been having for several months now for some worrying health issues, so will say "goodnight". I have been very amiss about visiting all your beautiful blogs recently, but I will try to remedy that situation tomorrow night.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x











5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love the image and pretty colours.
    I hope your appointment at the docs goes well.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Jennifer. I'm sure your friend was very pleased with it, and why wouldn't she. Lovely.
    Good luck with your tests hun. I hope everything will be Ok for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another YUMMY card, as always Jennifer. You always do such a beautiful job & this one is no exception. Love it. Also, soooo glad to see you put my shop blinkie on your sidebar. Big THANKS. Lastly good luck at the doctors too. Cheers & Best Wishes Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card and I can see why your friend enjoyed receiving it. Such a wonderful image! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday this week.
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and pretty Jennifer - darling image and i lvoe the sweet butterfly punchwork (I do love butterflies!!). I bet your friend loved it
    hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.