Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday, 28 October 2012

BIG Hat

Hello fellow crafters,
A couple of facts for you to your stress levels - yesterday was the 301st day of the year, and two months from yesterday, Christmas and Boxing Days will just be a memory. Too much information? I thought so! 

With the next fact, MY stress levels are where the planes fly - this is the first Christmas card I have finished! EEEEEK! I have coloured all but 2 of my images, and I have bought all my papers and most embellishments, but I still have to design my cards and put them all together. Methinks I may be using a small selection from sketches I have made of cards I have made previously. I never make 2 cards the same, but hopefully by using just a few sketches, and changing colours, images, and embellishments I will not be posting Christmas cards in January.
Speaking of sketches, I used the sketch which is the theme for the October Penny Black Saturday Challenge.
I love this image, and bought the stamp 2 years ago from Blade Rubber Stamps in London, in memory of my adorable Rodolfo who passed away 4 years ago, aged 16½ . He was blind, and friends used to refer to me as his 'seeing-eye person'. Many people, including our vet, were amazed at how strong the bond was between us. 
The inside of the card co-ordinates with the front. The background paper has been in my stash for so many years, I had forgotten I had it. In 2006, I purchased an A3 sheet of the deeply embossed paper in an art shop in London, cut it into A4 sheets and 'squirrelled' it away so well that I forgot about it too. I found lots of hidden treasures recently, so hope to use much of them in the coming weeks.
Challenges I would like to enter are -
Whimsy Inspirations #52 - 'All Things Sparkly' (2nd entry)
I Love Promarkers #140 - 'Christmas Is Coming'
Perfect Sentiments #53C - 'Christmas Critters'
Passion For Promarkers #172 - 'Pets'

IMAGE - Penny Black 'Jolly Xmas Kitty', coloured with Promarkers.
DP - Both unknown
DIES - Spellbinders 'Floral Ovals', 'Classic Circles'; Marianne Doily, and Poinsettias; EZ Cut 'Holly'.
Peel-off greetings and holly stickers, gold micro stars, crystalina and gold Kindyglitz, liquid pearls - all from my junk stash.

Until next time, thank you for visiting.
Hugs,
Jennifer. x




12 comments:

  1. What a cute image!! And I love that the point of the hat sticks out above the circle panel. Good luck with the rest of your Christmas cards. : ) Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is full of lovely traditional Christmas elements Jennifer and how nice to see the inside decorated to match.

    Thank you so much for joining our Animal Magic theme at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Christmas card Jennifer. I love the cute PB cat, he's adorable! Great colours and layout too.
    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful Jennifer! And no not too much information at all - it's definitely time to get making! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute image!
    FABulous colours too.
    Thank you sooo much for joining us this week at CSAYL.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol this is too cute, I love it. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and nicely decorated inside too.
    Thank you for joining in the Animal Magic challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Jennifer. Love the cute expression on the cat's face. Beautifully coloured and fab papers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww this is so cute, I love the sweet image and all the gold touches on your card. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card! Cute kitty and so many lovely details :)
    Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers and Penny Black Saturday x

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous as always Jennifer. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. loving your cute kitty jennifer..thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.