Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 25 October 2012

Bathing Beauty

Hello fellow crafters,
My card today is yet another easel card - I love making them. It is for a lovely young lass, Connie, who will be turning 12 next Wednesday. By coincidence it is also her baby brother's first birthday. That is our dear little Russell, or Tiger, as John calls him. I finished his card about 2 weeks ago - you can see it here . Yes, they were both Halloween bubs!
Don't look too long, or you may damage your eyes...I think I went a tad overboard with colour! Connie has such a bright, bubbly personality, I wanted to create a card to match. The reason for the thong (or flip flop) theme is because I nicknamed her ages ago (for reasons too lengthy to explain) "Connie Thong". I had to search high and low for the DP.
This view is the card lying flat, as it appears in the acetate presentation box I always use for dimensional cards. The large die-cuts, and the small one on which I stamped my image, are cut using Framelits Dies which my friend Margaret lent me while she was away in Italy. Thank you so much Margaret. 
A close-up of the little cutie, coloured with my Promarkers.
A close-up of the flowers, and the little thong I made from fun foam, found in most kids' craft shops.
Inside the card, showing the tag, with ribbon loop, for our personal greeting, and the pocket which holds it.
The inside panel with the computer-generated greeting raised on 3D tape.
The back of the card which actually becomes part of the front decoration when the card is flat.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges -
Ladybug Crafts - 'I need a 'P' '(pink, purple, punches, pocket)
Penny's Paper Crafty #99 - 'Ribbon and/or Buttons'
Whimsy Inspirations #52 - 'All Things Sparkly'
Bearly Mine #58 - 'Easel Card'
Cheery Lynn - 'Texture'

IMAGE - Whimsy digi stamp 'Lexi's Beach Ball', coloured with Promarkers.
DP - Art Stamps Australia 'Thongs'.
INK - Tim Holtz distrss ink 'Picked Raspberry'.
DIES - Stampin' Up 'Labels Collection Framelits'; Memory Box 'Catalina Border'; Cheery Lynn 'Butterfly -    small'; Spellbinders 'Scalloped Ovals', 'Scalloped Heart' and  'Scalloped Rectangles'; Cuttlebug 'Heritage Corners'.
PUNCHES - Martha Stewart 'Branch' and 'Loop Hearts' PATP; Carl 'Sakura'.
SENTIMENT - Computer generated 'Curlz' font.
BRADS -'Kaiser'.
Flowers, Gems, Stickles, Ribbon, Fun Foam - all from my junk stash.


Just an update on my appointment with my Dr. on Tuesday...while my liver tests are still fairly elevated, they are stable. I have had liver problems since childhood, and have to have regular tests. However, sometimes, like earlier this year, my levels skyrocket and I often finish up in hospital. My levels are never within the official Normal Range, but until they settle down I have to have blood tests every few weeks. (When in hospital I have had to have blood taken 4x per day!). The growth (not a cyst) on my kidney is benign, but has to be checked annually, and my 'ladies department' problem is still ongoing, but surgery is now looking unlikely - thank goodness! As for my hand, it will be another few weeks before we will know if the cortisone injection, 2 weeks ago, was successful, or if I will need surgery. 

I must now go and prepare dinner...we are having grilled fresh fish, salad, and herb bread. It has been 35 degrees C today, so I thought a nice light meal is in order. John had an appointment with his neurologist today, down in Newcastle (he has Parkinson's Disease), so we took the opportunity to go to the fish co-op where the seafood is always lovely and fresh.

Until next time, thank you for visiting.
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jennifer. I love the image and fabulous bright colours. Perfect for a 12 year old, I'm sure she'll love it.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is fabulous, love all the details. Hope you get all the medical problems sorted soon,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bright card Jennifer.
    I do so hope you don't have to have surgery. Fingers crossed everything is OK for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer - wow this is amazing, so much detail and so zingy and summery - fab for a bright happy 12 year old girl! Hope you will turn out not to need the lady's problems surgery, and that the cortisone injection will sort your hand out. Hope crafting isn't hurting your hand too much!!
    Hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer
    A gorgeous and beautiful card love the image and fabulous paper's thankyou for joining us this week at Bearly Mine Challenges
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card! love the flip-flop!! Thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a super cute card!
    Thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn designs challenge this week!
    Good luck!
    Love from France, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Lovely..Thank you for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty. And good luck.

    Caz PPC DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card so colourful amazing detail too. . Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bright and happy card! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very bright and cheerful card, I'm sure Connie will love it, esp with the personal touch of the papers to match her nickname. Thanks for playing along this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW love the bright colours its really cheered me up on a cold day!
    Thanks for playing along with your P's with the Ladybugs this week at LCI and good luck
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.