Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday, 30 September 2012

A Very Special First Birthday

Hello fellow crafters,
A baby's first birthday is always special, but I believe sometimes there is a reason for one to be extra special, and I have made this Fun Fold Card to celebrate one such occasion.
If you have been reading my blog since it began in April, you may remember several posts about a dear little baby boy John and I baby-sit on a regular basis. (John calls him "Tiger", because he is such a little fighter). He has had an incredibly difficult start in life, having had to undergo major heart surgery when 6 months old, which was followed by several serious complications in the ensuing 5 months. In a few weeks time he will celebrate his first birthday, and I finished this card for him last night.

His family don't look at my blog, as they are here at least weekly and see my crafty endeavours first hand, so it is safe to post it now, as I wish to enter it into several challenges.
The card is larger than those I usually make - A5 - thus giving me plenty of room to 'play'.
Isn't this resin bear the cutest little chap. I found him 8 years ago at Esher, at my first ever craft show, while on a visit to London. I bought 2 boy bears, and a cat sitting on a brick wall, but could not bear (ha ha, pardon my pun) to part with them, as I loved them so much. I think however, I have found an occasion special enough to use one of them.
Inside the card, showing where John and I will write our birthday greetings to this dear little boy.

I 'flipped' the image, and 'fussy-cut' a portion of it for the left-hand panel. The image, coloured with Promarkers, was a freebie digital stamp by Beccy Muir at Beccy's Place. Thank you Beccy. I found her blog a couple of weeks ago, and she has lots of lovely images for sale in her shop, including this little cutie.

For the 'detail label' on the back of the card, I used the second smallest die in my new SB 'Floral Ovals'.  The tiny cut-outs are stars, and some of you may have noticed, I glittered a few of them and attached them to the main image panel on the front of the card.

Challenges I would like to enter are -
          Use It Tuesday #40 - 'Use Your Scraps' (yellow backing card, 
                                             mini stars, white fence card, eyelets,)
          Daisy Doodles Creative #68 -'One For The Boys' (Digi)
          Cute Card Thursday #236 - 'Feature Letters/Numbers'      
          Pennies Paper Crafty #95 - 'More Than One Fold'  (Winner)
          Tammy's Scrappin Corner #29 - 'Kiddes Card'  (Top 3)
        Beccy's Place - 'Use One of Beccy's Images'
          Ready Teddy Go #14 - 'How Many Fingers?'
          Charisma Cardz #38 - 'For The Guys'
          My Mum's Craft Shop #76 - 'Stars'
          I Love Promarkers #136 - 'Male'

DP - DCWV  'Glittered Stack'
Alphabet Stamps - Hero Arts 'Balloon Alphas' (coloured with PMs & Stickles 'Stardust')
Dies - Marianne 'Fence & Birdhouse'; Spellbinders 'Floral Ovals' (back of card); Cuttlebug 'Party'
Glittered star (ex Christmas decoration), star eyelets, from my junk stash

Until next time, thank you for visiting and leaving your kind comments. Also, welcome to my new followers.
Hugs,
Jennifer. x



20 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jennifer.I love the little bear and the colours and design are fabulous. A very special card for a very special little boy!

    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable realization ! Nice bears. Beautiful colours. Everything in sweetness. Bravo ! Ideal for a little boy !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jennifer. I am sure the little boy will love it. I love the little resin bear and the layout and colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card for an extra special birthday Jennifer! I can see you've poured lots of love into this creation. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card for a very deserving boy! The colour scheme and colouring are fab and that little resin bear is lovely! Thanks for joining us for our ‘How many Fingers’ Challenge at Ready-Teddy-Go! Hope to see you again soon x
    Debbie Dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh Jennifer, this is such a gorgeous card & I am so glad you have found an occasion "special" enough, to use that little bear. Just so adorable. Thanks so much for sharing it with us all & I am sure you will have some wins in whatever challenge you enter this in. A beautiful card indeed. Cheers Di xo
    PS. Glad you like my blog makeover, although it is not completely finished. I still have to get my blinkie!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat een mooie kinderkaart heb je gemaakt super
    Groetjes gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and love the images a very special card thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card!!! Thanks for taking part in Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Hope to see you again for our next challenge.
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very cute. Great Creation...Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is absolutely fantastic Jennifer! It was very clever to flip the image and have him peeking out from the other side, I love that. I also like that gorgeous little resin bear... definitely an occasion worthy of such a cute little treasure.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable! Love that bear and the cute colors and the fabulous design.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Use it Tuesday and I hope to see you again for another challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww this is so cute, a card to treasure, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card! I have this dp too so its nice to see other ideas with it. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Use it Tuesday this week.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow, this is stunning and Russell is sure to love it. Love the design, image and the super cute resin bear is perfect. It's just beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww...so sweet! Great design and perfect for the little guy! Thanks for playing along this week at Charisma....hope to see you next time too!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, your card is so gorgeous, totally adorable!
    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely 1st birthday card. thanks for playing along with us at CCT.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is so cute thanks for joining us at daisy doodles and good luck emma x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is incredibly cute and special - I'm sure Russell's parents were really thrilled - truly a 1st birthday card to treasure!
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.