Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 20 September 2012

Buon Viaggio!

Hello fellow crafters,
I know one shouldn't envy friends, but I do envy my friend, Margaret. On Saturday, she flies to Italy for a 3 week holiday. I enjoyed an all too brief visit to Italy in 1989...the weather was glorious, the countryside was beautiful, and the people were oh, so friendly. I have always wanted to return for a much longer time. Margaret has been before, and has been looking forward very much to a return visit.

This is the card I made to wish her a happy holiday, or more correctly 'Buon Viaggio'. It is very different to my usual style, and slightly reminiscent of my cards, many years ago.
Using black Archival ink, I stamped the main image onto 'Vanilla' Bazzill, masked her, then stamped various smaller stamps around her. I then randomly coloured 'highlights' with a white crayon. With 'Tattered Rose' distress ink, I sponged over her face, neck and chest, then sponged with 'Frayed Burlap' around the perimeters. A tissue was used to wipe over the entire surface, thus removing ink from the crayon. The sentiment is computer generated - 'Chopin Script' font.

The main image, and several of the smaller stamps are from a Non-Sequitor rubber plate. I bought it many years ago at Blade Rubber Stamps, during a visit to London. I have forgotten the name of the plate. The other stamps are nameless - I bought them in plain plastic bags at a craft show, also many years ago.
The inside of the card was decorated also using the wax resist technique.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenge-
                   Crafty Creations #188 - 'Around the World'

Thank you for visiting, and until next time,

Hugs,
Jennifer. x




5 comments:

  1. Love the image and your design Jennifer. Gorgeous card!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jennifer. The crayon highlights are very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jennifer this is very artistic - very cool and so perfect for a holiday to Italy. Love the white highlights - fantastic work!
    hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. a gorgeous card creation in lovely design and colors.
    greetings from ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card, I think I could receive such with pleasure... I fell in love in Rome a few years ago, so I know exactly what you mean. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.