Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 1 September 2012

Vellum Rose

Hello fellow crafters,
Wow, I'm on a roll - 2 posts in just over an hour, (although they appear on consecutive dates). As today is the first day of Spring, here in Australia, I thought it would be appropriate to post a 'spring-like' card. I made it yesterday, to say "goodbye" to the last day of winter.
I can't remember the last time I made a C6 sized card, but I did so with this one because of the size of the embossing folder. It is a Stampin' Up Sizzix one, "Framed Tulips', and you may recognise it from here. It belongs to my friend Margaret, who used it for the anniversary card she made for John and me. Last week when she was here, we swapped each other's embossing folders for the afternoon.
                         
I have always loved vellum, or more correctly, parchment paper. It is so versatile - it can be cut, punched, stamped, moulded, saturated, embossed (wet and dry), and coloured using varied mediums. Recently I have been experimenting with making my own flowers. The close up photo above shows the true colour more accurately than the top photo. I die-cut the vellum using Spellbinder 'Rose Creation', and coloured each petal with my aquabrush and Tim Holtz's 'Picked Raspberry' Distress Ink. When they were barely damp, I then moulded the petals. The stamens are Flower Soft, and the leaves are Spellbinder. The flourishes are Memory Box, and Marianne.
                         
Although the inside of the card looks 'fussy', it is quite simple, and didn't take very long to create.

Challenges I would like to enter are -
Party Time Tuesdays #83 - 'Anything Goes'
Love To Create #30 - 'Handmade Flowers'
Daring Cardmakers - 'Focus on Flowers'
Perfect Sentiments -'Anything Goes'

I didn't sleep very well last night, subsequently my yawns are becoming bigger by the minute, so I will say "goodnight", until next time.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x






12 comments:

  1. Jennifer, that's beautiful. I swear I thought you had a real rose stuck on your card, it's so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! - You made that rose?! It's gorgeous. Love it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just beautiful. I love it. I never thought of a vellum flower. What an awesome idea. Thanks for sharing this beautiful work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly delicious card! That vellum flower is AWESOME!

    Thanks for playing with us @ The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow jennifer this vellum flower is stunning - love the texture and colour of it. Your other details are also very pretty and compliment the flower perfectly - love it!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer - this is just devine, I love the softness of the flower - sooo pretty. I also love your owl card. Happy spring x joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elegant card, the rose is beatuful!
    thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rose is absolutely gorgeous, such a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us at our handmade flower challenge over on the Love to Create Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...your card is gorgeous..love your beautiful handmade flower..wowie...it is gorgeous. thanks for the inspiration..it's so pretty I am going to 'Pin-it'on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is so, so beautiful. I was thinking of making a vellum flower but had no idea it could actually look so realistic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, absolutely beautiful, and that flower is stunning. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.