Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday, 16 September 2012

Demonstration Rose

Hello fellow crafters,
As I mentioned in my previous post, I did a demonstration on making vellum flowers at the Stamp Camp/Retreat I attended last weekend. This was the card I made with the rose I created at the demonstration.
I used my Tim Holtz 'Tattered Florals' die to cut out the petals, and to give my rose a fuller look, I cut 2 of the largest flowers. The leaves are also vellum, cut with Spellbinder 'Foliage' die, and coloured with 'Crushed Olive' distress ink.
The petals are coloured with Adirondack 'Raisin', and the centre is Flower Soft 'Lemon'.
The inside of the card is decorated to co-ordinate with the front. I layered 2 Spellbinder Classic Scalloped Squares over the DP, and added a Memory Box 'Madera' corner die-cut. The gorgeous DP, was a fab '50% off' special on a bargain table at an art shop in Newcastle recently. I only bought a couple of sheets (A4), but wish I had bought more. It is by Cristina Re, and has the most luxurious texture. I was so pleased to find that the reverse side matched the colour of my rose perfectly..
I used Spellbinder 'Fleur de Lis', and Marianne dies for the card front. The sentiment is computer generated 'Brock' font.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenge -
             Daring Cardmakers - 'Vellum'

Until next time, thank you for visiting,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x




8 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous! So pretty , I love it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! That flower is lovely, I think vellum flowers just look so delicate. Thanks for taking part in my vellum challenge this week over at the Daring Cardmakers blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful card Jennifer!! The vellum flower is absolutely fabulous. Love it!

    Hugs
    Cinzia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Just so gorgeous hun! Absolutely love it. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jennifer. Your roses are sooooooooooo lifelike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, I'm so sorry about Blossom. You're right, our pets do become very special to us. My GSD, Bailey, is 12 now and I'm absolutely dreading the day. He's like my baby and in fact, I still call him 'puppy' lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennifer - this rose is absolutely fabulous - love everything about it. the depth of coloura nd delicacy of the vellum are superb.Sorry I thought I'd already commented on this - I must have had a blonde moment (or maybe a senior moment!)
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer, your flower is absolutely beautiful and you have done a fabulous job of creating a card with it.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.