Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 22 August 2012

"Play It Sam..."

Hello fellow crafters,
I have something a little different from my usual style today, although I am back to that red and gold combo.
The card base is kraft, and I sponged around the edges with Tim Holtz 'Walnut Stain'. The designer paper is Penny Black 'Music Gold Foil', which I bought at Blade Rubber Stamps in London, during one of my trips about 3 years ago. As with so many papers I buy, I do so because I love them, then can't bear to use them, squirrelling them away sometimes for many years. Yes, I KNOW I am in good company - so many of you out there in blogland do the same thing, (plus stroke and even sniff our papers). Some people may say we are sad little bunnies, but we know we are oh so happy in our little worlds, aren't we!

I love the image, and bought it at a big craft show at Esher, near London, on another trip. It was on an A4 sheet of toppers at a stand where one can fill a box of paper, card, or toppers for a bargain price. A lot of you living in the UK probably know the stand I mean, as they apparently go to most of the shows.

The alphabet stickers have been in my stash for 'donkey's years', and I forgot I had them until I decided to organise a big box of bits and bobs in the back of a cupboard. The photo does not show the tiles very clearly, but each one has tiny music on them. I cut each tile from kraft and sponged the edges as per the card base.

This is the first time I have used red with kraft, but I think I will be repeating this combination, as I really like it. Methinks some Christmas cards????

Challenges I would like to enter are-
Daring Cardmakers -'Film Quotes' - "Play it Sam...play 'As Time Goes By' " 
(Ingrid Bergman) from Casblanca
Creative Card Crew - #17 'Maps/Newsprint/Sheet Music/Script'
Totally Papercraft - #130 'Inspired By a Song' Piano Man
Fairy Tale #48 - 'Song' Piano Man

Until next time, thank you for looking.
Hugs, Jennifer. x

12 comments:

  1. I have those toppers - still unused, but with your inspiration maybe I should get them out!
    Gorgoeus card Jennifer.
    Thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog. You asked about Emma starting school, she started last September and was the youngest in the school :-( far too young! Can't beleive they go back in 2 weeks - I love having them at home.
    Anyway, have a good week.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love Kraft? This is smashing Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card. Thank you for joining the latest dare over at the Daring Cardmakers this week. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jennifer,

    great card! Thank you for sharing with us at Fairy Tale Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing card - the red and gold combo looks beautiful, as does the image, and the letter stickers look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, great song choice too.
    Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a very elegant card! I love that music background paper and I agree, the red with the kraft would be brilliant for a Christmas card!

    Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew challenge!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at Fairy tale challenge blog.
    LG Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely vintage card with image.
    greetings from ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank so much for joining the Creative Card Crew this week!

    Your Project is lovely - I adore those colors!

    Hugs and good luck, Elisa (DT)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.