Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Anniversary Cards

Hello fellow crafters,

Today I am not showing you my cards, but instead 3 gorgeous cards made by wonderful and talented  friends. I should have shown them to you earlier as they were created for John and me for our 40th wedding anniversary last month. We also received lots of beautiful cards bought in shops, and they too will be kept and treasured.

This sweet card is by Margaret, a lovely, very musically talented lady, who has only just started card-making. She has used Stampin' Up products, and as soon as I saw the card, I was instantly reminded of Delftware china, of which I love and have 3 pieces. We have had a lovely afternoon here, today, playing with our 'goodies', and I have been showing her some new techniques (lots of homework for you Margaret, lol).
                                                                  

The second card is by my dear friend, Di, who has also not been making cards for very long. I love the way she has fussy-cut around the glasses to appear as if they have red wine in them. As often as we can, Di, myself, and a mutual friend, Leanne get together for a day of laughing, drinking tea, eating chocolates, and cardmaking. In fact we had a great day at Di's home last weekend, all making a start on our Christmas cards.



The third card is by my dear blogging friend in the UK, Pauline. Pop over to her blog and check out her gorgeous creations. She is on the Design Team for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge. I can't believe how many similarities there are with Pauline and Di's cards - the horizontal ribbon, the glittered design paper, and Pauline said she seldom uses peel-off stickers, but decided to use them on this card. Although red was an obvious choice, it being our Ruby anniversary, no-one knew that I was using lots of gold in all my decorations on the night of our party (here).

Don't you think I am lucky to have such talented friends, who have each taken the time to create these beautiful cards as lasting reminders of such a special occasion. Thank you so very much, Margaret, Di, and Pauline.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x



3 comments:

  1. You do have some talented friends. It's always nice to keep special cards but they are even more special when you know someone has made the effort to make them just for you!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Jennifer you are too kind about my card. You have got some gorgeous cards form your various crafty friends. Pity we are on opposite sides of the world .. how wonerful it would be to get together for a day of tea and chocs .. and maybe even a little crafting lol!
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most welcome Jen and John.Remember I have a VERY good teacher!Thanks to you Jen this is the first time my work has been shown on the net.Love Di

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.