Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 20 August 2012

Pink, pink, and more pink!

Hello fellow crafters,
After a bit of overload using bright colours, particularly reds, in recent posts (except for Scarlette's card here), I have been 'itching' to make a card in pastels. There is a new challenge site called In The Pink, and for their launch they have chosen '50 Shades of Pink'. My card has nowhere near that many shades of pink (I would love to see one that has), but I have still used quite a few.

This little bear stamp has 2 companion stamps, sold separately, and all three were among my earliest stamp purchases, many, many moons ago. I coloured her with Promarkers.

For several months I have been seeing these gorgeous little leaf sprays on cards in various blogs, and tried to find out their brand and name (or even if they were a die), and 2 weeks ago my quest ended. Yesterday I travelled to Newcastle to the annual Craft and Sewing Show, and along with several other goodies, mainly dies, I purchased the Cheery Lynn 'Flourish Leaf Strip' die. I totally love them, and I'm sure they will be making frequent appearances in future.
The easel card fully opened.
I bought the Marianne 'Baby' die several months ago, and I am ashamed to admit that this is the first time I have used it. However, it is so beautiful, I am sure I will use it more often.
I removed the portion of the Memory Box 'La Rue Flourish' die-cut that would have been hidden behind the stamped image, and used it to embellish my contact detail sticker on the back of the card.

Challenges I would like to enter are -
In The Pink #1 - '50 Shades of Pink'
Creatalicious # 37 - 'Fantasy or Baby'
Whimsy Stamps #50 - 'Lots of Layers'
Ready-Teddy-Go #13 - 'Anything Goes'
Delightful challenges - 'Punches and Dies'
The Poodles Parlour - 'Let's See Those Die Cuts' (Top 3)

Stamp - Stamp-it 'Pretty as a Picture'
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Forever Friends 'New Arrival'; DoCraft Daisy & Dandelion 'Candyfloss & Marshmellow'
Dies - Memory Box 'La Rue Flourish', 'Ringed Buckle'; Marianne 'Baby'; Cheery Lynn 'Flourish Leaf Strip'; Spellbinder
Punches - Martha Stewart; Carl
Card Candi - Craftwork Cards
Glitter glue - Ranger Stickles 'Star Dust'
Flowers, Rhinestones - from my stash

Until next time, thank you for looking,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x



14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Jennifer this is so pretty and adorable!! Love your cute teddy and the fabulous papers and dies you have used - gorgeous!!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable card Jennifer, the dies you used are so beautiful.

    Thank you for sharing with Creatalicious Challenges.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning easel card Jennifer - the shades of pink are gorgeous. Wonderful layout and an adorable image.
    Thank you for joining us at our first ITP Challenge - hope we will see you next time!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jennifer. Love the image and all the pinks. The 'baby' die looks fantastic.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there fellow Pink lover. Isn't it fabulous about the launch of In the Pink? I stopped in for a closer look at your card. I'm linked at #1 & #103 this week, I'd love it if you stopped by to say hello.

    WOW Jennifer, this is totally gorgeous, loads of luscious pink detail, love all of the dies and those sparkly butterflies are lovely.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and I love those dies. The butterflies are adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennifer

    Your baby card is beautiful... I love the easel style and the fabulous die cuts you'e used... especially the word BABY. Your image and layout are perfect and I'm glad we've got you back to pastels, especially pink!

    Our challenge title was a little bit 'tongue in cheek' - with a little nod at the current best-seller - we didn't expect to actually SEE fifty shades.... more that you could use 'up to' or 'any of' fifty shades!!

    Thanks for joining in our challenge.. it's been fun to see so many pink lovers sharing their passion! Good luck with this one, and hope to see you again soon!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning creation, love the flower spray & BABY text!

    Thank you for sharing with us at
    Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful baby card! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsy Stamps, hugs, Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous card and die cuts and your teddy is so sweet! Thanks for joining us for our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge and Blog Hop at Ready-Teddy-Go! Hope to see you again soon x

    Debbie Dt

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful your pink creation is!!
    Thank You for the sweet comment on my blog
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful Jennifer. Such a gorgeous layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jennifer,
    Oh this is Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the adorable image, the dp, the colour scheme is just scrumptious. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic Card, I love the image, gotta love the colours.

    Thank you for joining us this week at Ready-Teddy-Go Challenges.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.