Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 2 August 2012

Love On A Log

Hello fellow crafters,
I have always loved Penny Black stamps, and when I saw this one a few months ago, I knew it would be perfect for my card to give John on our 40th Anniversary. We are owned by 2 cats - beautiful boys,  one is white and ginger, and the other is a grey and black striped tabby.

This card is very similar in design to the one I made for Scarlette's birthday recently (here). I had the heart & border dies on my desk, so I thought "why not".
I love making easel cards - although they are so simple to construct, they always intrigue non-cardmakers.
Inside the card, showing the tag for my handwritten message to John, and the 'bracket' to hold it.
I have had this gorgeous paper for ages, and have been reluctant to use it, as I only had one sheet, but as I made the card for John, I feel I still can see and feel it when I want. It is very heavy weight, and has the most luxurious texture. Come on peeps, be honest...I KNOW many of you have the same attachment to some papers.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges -
      Bunny Zoe's Crafts - 'Swirls and Lace'
      Critter Sketch - 'Anything Goes'
      Make It Monday - 'Always Anything Goes'
      Paper Playtime - 'Anything Goes'
      Tammy's Scrappin Corner - 'Anything Goes'
      Truly, Madly, - 'Animals'
      Die Cuttin' Divas - 'Anything Goes'
      Sassy Cheryl's - 'Pretty Papers'
      The Stamping Boutique - 'Anything Goes'
       J. & C. Creations - 'Anything Goes'

Stamp - Penny Black (cling) 'Dear Friend'
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Imaginisce 'Fall Flower Girl'
Dies - Memory Box 'Madera Corner', Cheery Lynn 'Lace Light Deco Border', Spellbinder 'Scalloped
         Hearts'
Punch - Martha Stewart 'Doily Lace'
Embossing Folder - Couture Creations 'Tied Together'
Sentiment - computer generated 'Adine' font
Roses, heart brads, Stickles - from my stash

Until next time, thank you for visiting,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x


17 comments:

  1. Very sweet. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer. What a gorgeous card, I love PB stamps and you've coloured this one beautifully. Fabulous design and colours too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jennifer - this is so gorgeous - love that kitty stamp, so beautifully coloured, and all your details are absolutely delightful. I'm sure John must have loved it!
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer - This card is gorgeous and coloured beautifully. I know exactly what you mean by being attached to papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. What a cute image! Thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too beautiful. All the design elements work so well together. Hugs Desíre Doing Life Digistamps4Joy DT Member Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww! This is too adorable. I love kittens. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer, Thanks for your comment on my blog earlier. I too love easel cards. Some of my best cards have been easels. I love the card for your husband. The image is perfect. Penny Black stamps are awesome. I only own a few.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PB stamps are my fave and I love what you have done with this one. Yes, I'm a paper stroker too!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card thanks for joining us at critter sketch and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #84, #129, #157, #159 and #277.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love your card. It's purrfect for an anniversary card! I found you at MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous creation, I love the cute image and the gorgeous colours. I saw your card on MIM.Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwwwww! This is a super adorable image and a beautifully done card. GORGEOUS!
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's Fancy Papers Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful creation! Love the beautiful layout and perfect coloring. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make It Monday... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is stunning! Yes, sometimes it's hard to use paper as beautiful as yours but like you said, you'll be able to visit it! Love your story and your statement that you have 2 cats that own you. I can totally relate. My husband and I have 4 cats! Thanks for sharing your project at DCD this week.--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.