Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Beach Huts

Hello fellow bloggers,

Have you all been enjoying the Olympic Games? My favourite part is the equestrian events, having been involved in showjumping and dressage in my younger days. However, TV coverage of equestrian events is very sparse here in Australia.

I normally hate the terrible heat of summer, but with all the very cold weather we have been having here, I thought I would show you 2 summery CAS cards. They are both using stamps I have had for many years.

This card I made for a friend, who owns a little holiday hut on the edge of a lake. The hut image is a Print Block stamp, and the seagulls are a tiny stamp by Stamp-it. The images are coloured with Promarkers, and I used Spellbinder dies to cut the squares and rectangles. I bought several sheets of the greetings stickers, and have usually coloured them with Promarkers to co-ordinate with the image, but this time, I have left the greeting white.
A super quick and easy card for a friend's daughter to give to her Dad on Father's Day. The striped paper has been in my off-cuts box for 'donkey's years'. The tiny umbrella brad was in a bargain box of un-named embellishments at a craft fair many years ago. I only bought 1 bag of 5 umbrellas, but so wish I had bought several bags.

I would like to enter the following challenges with these cards - 
      Passion for Promarkers - 'At the Beach'
      Party Time Tuesday - 'By the Sea'
      Ladybug Crafts - 'Summer Fun'
      Creative Card Crew - 'On the Beach/Under the Sun'
      Crafty Sentiments - 'Clean & Simple'
      Anything Goes - 'Summer Day'
      Just Some Lines - 'Beach, Sand, and/or Surf'
      Little Claire's - 'Summer/Holidays'
      Crafts 4 Eternity - 'Summer Sun'
      Stamping With the Dragon - 'Summer Colours'

Until next time, thanks for looking.
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image, really like them both but the top one stands out for me. Love the summery colours and the birds!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous CAS cards Jennifer, great image and love the birds..


    Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments .

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really lovely. Your beach house colours are great. Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew. Cheers FiLoMa DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. Love it. Hope you have a win Jennifer. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 beautiful summery cards, makes me want to be on the beach!!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again ;) That should have been Creative Card Crew - duh fancy forgetting which DT I'm on!!! LOL

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank-you so much for sharing your fabulous cards with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty, love the style. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you chose to participate with Party Time Tuesday's Party Planners. Great beach project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cards! Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards. Just right for summer. I especially like the blue card, very eyecatching.

    Thank you for joining Little Claire's blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.