Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 29 December 2016

Completely Unbelievable!!!!!


I really don't expect any of you to believe this, even in your wildest dreams, but 
guess where I spent part of the Christmas break??? What clever little clogs you 
all are, you guessed correctly...hospital. I very stupidly thought our lives had made 
a turn for the better, but 2015 and 2016 have not finished with us yet...right up to
the finishing line.

That brief post that appeared on my blog on Christmas Day was a scheduled one, 
thank goodness
.
The cute dragon nurse was on a card I made several years ago. I cannot remember the
brand of the digi image, but will edit this post when I improve.
Edited: Bugaboo - 'Clyde Get Well'

The CT scan and x-rays show that I have 4 herniated discs in my neck, and 2 in my 
upper back. Several of them are compressing nerves. I have had a very sore and 
stiff neck for some time, but was functioning okay. However, I lifted and 
dragged several very heavy items at the Fort last Thursday, and struggled to bring 
down our 3 metre long flag in gale force wind. One of the guides, younger and 
fitter than me, was laughing, and commented how funny I looked 'fighting' the 
wind. He is well known for doing as little as possible. I may have to have 
surgery in the future, but as the Doctors explained, it is very high risk, 
so I want to avoid that option if I can.

I am extremely 'woozy' because of all the heavy-duty medication I am on, so
heaven knows what errors this post will contain when I hit 'publish'.

Although I was rather 'sore' on Thursday night, I thought I would be okay on
Friday. Now I know all you crafters out there will understand my excitement, 
followed by disappointment, when I read an generic email on Thursday night 
from my favourite scrapbooking/papercraft store to say that on Friday they were
having a 60% off EVERYTHING in the store from 9-5! I put my clothes out, 
set my alarm for the 2 hour drive, so I could be there when they opened. 
The only drive I went on though was in the early hours in an ambulance.
 I don't know what was worse, missing the sale or the excruciating pain.

I want to say a BIG thank you to those of you who have left comments on my
blog, welcoming me back...hopefully I will get to you personally very soon.

Must say goodnight, as the last medication I took is 'hitting home', and I 
am struggling to stay upright, and can hardly see the screen. 
What a way to spend my birthday...yes, its today.

Here's hoping you all had a lovely Christmas, and I wish you a happy New Year.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x




3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Jennifer - what a couple of years you've had. It's only when I read your last post that I actually realised I'd been missing your lovely creations! I wish you a belated Happy Birthday, and send all good wishes for 2017 ... I hope it is a better year for you both!
    Hugs, Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you poor girl! Just do what the doctors tell you!! Huggles xx (gentle of course)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Jennifer. Earlier I just happened to see a card you had posted on a challenge and was so pleased you were back in Blogland. Now I've read this - and find you're suffering really badly. Life has been so cruel so I hope it will improve soon and that 2017 will be a much better year for all your family.
    Hugs,
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.