Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 19 December 2016

Seasons Greetings


My goodness, in less than a week it will be a year since I last wrote a post in my blog.
2016 has been one of the most tumultuous years of my life, preceded by a significantly
traumatic 2015. The 3 preceding posts will explain quite a bit of why our lives
have changed so much.

John has aged considerably, and we are involved in a lengthy legal case which our
solicitor told us last month, will still take another 10-12 months to finalise.

As for our sons dreadful accident, it has taken him almost a year to recover. After he was
discharged from hospital, he could not cope...partly because of the physical injuries, but
mostly because of the brain injury. He was confused and had serious memory loss. I could
not travel to London, as John was too ill, so as soon as our sons Neurologist said it was
safe for him to fly, he came to Australia to recover. He was with us for several months
while his memory and cognitive skills returned. Our doctor was wonderful, liaising with
the doctors in London to continue our sons treatment. He has since returned to London,
and has even been able to return to his old career. We are so grateful that his position
 was kept open for him for a year.

Life in the retirement village is hugely different from living on our farm, which I miss
much more than I ever thought possible. Most of the differences are positive (e.g. no
maintenance), but there is virtually no privacy. I guess we will eventually adjust.

I have only just set up my craft room a few weeks ago, and I feel like a beginner.
I have made a few Christmas cards, and today I have spent hours, with Johns 
help, trying to remember how to crop and watermark my photos, complete a
post, and hopefully even enter a couple of challenges.


The cardstock is a lovely off-white Bazzil bling. Its rich sheen 
does not show in the photos.


I adore this greeting die, and since it came to live with me almost 2 years ago,
I have not had the opportunity to use it until now.


I cut the bauble from the main card stock, removed the negative pieces,
then reset it in the aperture with the gold mirror card behind. 
The bow is cut from a 'mittens' die.

I would like to try my luck with these challenges
Cardz 4 Guyz #150 - 'CAS Christmas'
Corrosive #12 - 'Gold or Silver Christmas'
Inkspirational #124 - 'Neutrals Only'
Polkadoodles Week 50 - 'Anything Goes'

Dies - Creative Expressions: Sue Wilson Seasons Greetings; Memory Box Snowflake Ornament; Memory Box Precious Mittens

I have made a number of Christmas cards, so hopefully I will be now be able to continue blogging, and also to visit your blogs to see your lovely creations.

Hugs,
Jennifer x



7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and welcome back to blogging! I hope that 2017 will be a kind year for you and your family.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is just too darned spooky sweetie. Cross my heart, I was thinking of you yesterday afternoon (beating myself up for being such an appalling friend) and thinking it was an absolute age since you posted ...... and here you are! Sending you love, hugs, and all the warmth in my heart for a Merry Christmas and HNY. Hopefully we can have a proper email catch up once things settle down again. Huggles, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so wonderful to see you back here in blogland with this beautiful elegant card design; the off white and gold look gorgeous and I love how you inlaid the bauble die cut.

    I'm sure 2016 has been a really tough year for you but I am happy it is ending on a positive note with things improving for your son. I hope the you and John will settle in at the retirement home as it sounds like such a big change for you; at least you have your craft room back again!
    I really hope 2017 is a much better year for you and all your family, and that there are many joyful moments for you.
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The is a beautiful project thank you for joining into our challenge at Polkadoodles Challenge
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful die cuts. Merry Christmas.
    Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes Polkadoodles Challenge

    Karon DT, Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope 2017 will be a better year for you! I love the greeting die! It is so intricate and looks great in the gold cardstock!

    Thank you for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for our Gold or Silver Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer, my goodness, but you've gone through so much in the past couple of years! Your perseverance and resilience have really been put to the test and, hopefully, things will improve drastically in all realms of your life for 2017! I'm so honoured that your 'return' to blogging brought you to our challenge. Your card: stunning! The ornament die is so wonderfully intricate! Thank you for sharing these gems in the Inkspirational gallery! Happy New Year!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.