Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 22 December 2016

Glittered Bauble


Hello fellow crafters. I hope your preparations for the big day are well
in hand, and you are not feeling too stressed.

Several years ago, I was asked by a large scrapbooking/paperart store in Sydney
to demonstrate at a 4 day craft show. One of the techniques was using black
peel-off stickers, d/sided adhesive paper, ultrafine glitter, and Promarkers.
I decided to revive the technique for 2 of my Christmas cards, and this is
one of them. It is such a fun technique, and the resulting shimmer is 
amazing, but it does not photograph very well.

The red borders, I promise, are perfectly straight, but the card was
lying on an uneven surface when I photographed it.


A close-up view of the coloured bauble. It is so much prettier IRL.


The snowflake and sentiment were die cut from a sheet of 
glittered fun-foam.

Challenges I Would Like To Enter
Cards In Envy - 'Celebrate The Season' 
Glitter 'N' Sparkle #219 - 'Christmas In Glitter'
Passion For Promarkers #375 - 'Use Your Dies/Punches'

Peel-off Sticker - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Loose Glitter - Martha Stewart
Colouring - Promarkers
Dies - Sizzix, Tim Holtz Alterations Holiday Words:Script; Marianne LR 0125
Embossing Folder - Snowflakes (unknown brand)

Thank you for your visit, I must 'crash' into bed as I have been on my feet all day at the Fort. Also, now that we have moved, I have an 80km drive each way on the 2-3 days per week that I am on duty.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x








4 comments:

  1. Glittery heaven. Beautiful. I never have the patience to do cards like these. Really beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy. Take care and Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a gorgeous card! A great idea to use the black peel offs - this technique is fab and we'll all be digging out the peel offs again now after seeing your beautiful creation! Thanks for joining in with our Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs, Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Jennifer! Love the technique of using the black peel off with all the glitter...a modern take on using what is considered to be an old fashioned product! Thanks for playing along with our Mega Christmas challenge at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Jennifer. I love the elegant image and your die cuts and glitter look amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP for our Mega Christmas challenge. Good luck and hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.