Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 16 January 2017

90th Birthday


Hello to all you crafters out there in blogland, and thank for your well wishes. 

I am gradually improving although some pain is still my constant companion. 
I am off all the 'heavy-duty' medications (morphine etc), and just trying to 
cope with several doses of Panadol Osteo each day. I just could not function 
on all the other meds., sleeping about 18 hours per day. The doctors plan was
not only to control the excruciating pain, but to keep me as still as possible 
until the swelling subsided. Because I was asleep so much, I hardly ate 
anything for about 10 days, and lost 5 kgs.....over the festive season!!!

Not long before Christmas, John and I were invited to a 90th birthday party for
a lovely gentleman here at the retirement village, and this is the card I made 
for him. The whole theme of the party was 'black, white and gold'.

His wife made the invitations on her computer, so I used part of the invitation
to make the card. Despite his age, Rick the 'birthday boy', has a lovely 
singing voice, and both he and his wife love music, so I used a 'music' 
embossing folder for my background. 

This '90' and the laurel wreath were on the top half of the invitation, 
and the details (time, date, venue etc) were on the lower half, which I 
matted and attached to the left inside of the card as a memento of the day.

I photographed the card after I had written our personal message to Rick,
so cannot show you the inside of the card. I had die-cut several music 
notes, which I attached in various places around our message.

Both Rick, and his wife Cheryl, are a 'no-fuss' couple with rather classic
tastes, so they loved the card, especially as it incorporated the invitation
that Cheryl had designed and made.

Challenges I would like to enter
Cardz 4 Guyz #152 - 'Happy Birthday'
CAS On Sunday #99 - 'Black and White with One Colour'
Fab 'n' Funky #333 - 'Birthday with a Number'

Image - Computer generated invitation
Dies - Spellbinders Classic Squares, Classic Rectangles: Cuttlebug Music Notes
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug
Peel-off sticker from my junk stash

For those of you experiencing the bitterly cold weather, floods and storms please stay safe and warm. Here in Australia last week we experienced record-breaking heat wave temperatures...it's a funny old world, isn't it.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x










4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. Glad you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifulelegant card for a special birthday. Congratulations. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer - I had no idea that you were back blogging or that you had hurt yourself so badly. i'm so sorry to read about your accident andwish you a speedy recovery. What a clever idea to use the invitation to make the card - and that fab music embossing folder finishes it perfectly. Thank you so much for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week - sending healing thoughts and wishing you a speedy recovery and abetter year in 2017 - hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just stunning! I love the colors and the background! Gorgeous! Sorry to hear you are in pain. My prayers go out to you! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.