Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 23 August 2014

Time Flies

Recently, when I was working on my cataloguing of all my embarassingly 
large collection of stamps, a friend saw my bundle of new stamps from
 Lili of the Valley. She commented that this little fairy was so cute. When
 I told her that it was called 'Time Flies', she asked me to make a card for
her life-long friend's 70th birthday, using those words as the sentiment.
She felt that they were really appropriate for their very long friendship.

The gorgeous paper, and pearl flower 'ribbon' were purchased at the
craft show I went to in Sydney last month.

A closer look at the little cutie.

Inside the card is decorated to match the front.

Challenges
Crafter's Cafe #77 - 'Square Cards Only'
Divas By Design - 'Pretty Pearls'
In The Pink #51 - 'Fairies and Elves' TOP 5
Papertake Weekly - 'To Die For'

Image - Lili of the Valley Time Flies
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Wild Rose Studio Annabelle's Garden
Dies - Spellbinders Labels Eight, Decorative Labels Eight, Classic and Scalloped Circle
Punch - Martha Stewart Butterfly Trio
Sentiment - Computer generated Balsam font
Pearl Flower 'Ribbon' - The Craft Queen

My friend loved the card so much, she asked me to make another one exactly the same (except for the sentiment) for another friend's 70th birthday.The 2 friends live in different states of Australia, and have never met. I told her that I never make 2 cards the same, so we compromised...I have made another using the same image and design, but with blues and a different DP. I will show you that one another time.

My dear John has just come in for his lunch, so I am off to make a nice hot cup of tea and have a toasted ham and tomato sandwich - yummo! It is so cold here today, I may need to light the fire!

Until next time, thank you for visiting, and I wish you all "happy crafting",
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x



9 comments:

  1. Love this image and gorgeous soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet, a really pretty card.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done! Thanks so much for stopping by The Crafter's Cafe. We look forward to your next visit.
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, gorgeous pastel combo, thanks for joining us this week at the Crafter's Cafe Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super adorable Jennifer! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! That flower paper is gorgeous and your little girl is so cute! Love your pearl trim and the little pearls here and there! Very lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card with lovely pearl ribbon...thanks for sharing it with us at Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lovely paper and pearl ribbon have the perfect delicate and elegant feel to match with this cute stamp and then there's the sparkle - just gorgeous :-)
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at In The Pink and hope to see you there again soon!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.