Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 15 August 2014

Soft Rose

Hello fellow crafters. For those of you in the Northern Hemisphere, I hope you are
enjoying what appears to be wonderful summer weather. However, for those of us
'down under' we are experiencing unusually cold weather, and in most parts of 
Australia, we are in desperate need of rain. We are just a few weeks away from 
spring, and already we look as if it is at the end of a very dry summer.

Enough of my 'whinging'...here is a very spring-like rose for you.
This card is for a lady who will be celebrating her 70th birthday very soon, but as
she doesn't know I have a blog it is safe to show you now.

I love making my parchment roses...no two ever turn out the same, although by using the 
same combination of inks if I make a batch, they will have 'tonal' co-ordination. For
this card, I just used one large rose. The various foliage die-cuts were 
sponged with 'Sage' green ink.

As usual, I have made the inside of the card to match the design on the front.

Challenges
Crafty Creations #269 - 'Flower Power'
In The Pink #50 - 'Anything Goes'
Penny's Paper Crafty #190 - 'Anything Goes'
Sentimental Sundays #219 - 'Decorate Your Card Inside and Out'

Dies - Spellbinders Floral Ovals, Rose Creations; Cuttlebug Heritage Corners
Cheery Lynn Mini Dimensional Butterflies, Olive Branches, 
Marianne LR 0106, LR 0107, LR 0116, LR 0192 
Ink for sponging - Versacube Sage
Peel-off sticker from my stash

Whatever you have planned, I hope you all have a great weekend, so until next time I wish you "happy crafting", and hugs.

Jennifer. x






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in this week at Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge
    Hugs katie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful rose!! Thank you for joining the Sentimental Sundays challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and elegant and your flowers is just gorgeously delicate :-) The decorated inside makes a lovely finish too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.