Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 27 March 2014

"Thank You" Kittens

Good evening to all my fellow crafters out there in blogland.

All too fast the past week has disappeared...today is Thursday, 
therefore it is once again time for another challenge at 

This week, the theme chosen by the Pink Fairies is quite an easy one...
'ADD A TAG'
you can create anything you like, but please remember to use a
stamped or digi image to be eligible for the prize from our lovely
sponsor, who this week is Crafty Ribbons.
Thank you Crafty Ribbons. 

Those of you who read my blog regularly will know that a few weeks ago,
John and I had to make the heart-breaking decision to have our beloved
kitty cat, Pagliacci (Pally) put to sleep. I am still grieving for him, as for
15 years he had been such a gentle and loving companion, and now
there is a huge emptiness about our home. Of course we love  
Cookie, our remaining kitty, but he is not an affectionate cat, 
so I miss the big 'cuddle sessions' I had with dear Pally.

Our vet, Sarah, had grown to love Pally...he was her first feline patient after
moving to our area, and sadly for her, her own kitty, Ninja, died as a result
of snake bite just 2 days before Pally's passing. Sarah spent an hour
with us that morning and was very compassionate, so I made this 
card  for her to say "thank you", and also to write a few
words of comfort for her loss of Ninja. 

Our Pally was white and ginger, and Ninja was a grey, 
striped tabby, so they are both on my card.

A close-up look at my flower embellishment over a punched border.

Inside my card where I wrote a note of "thank you", and also of
condolences to Sarah. (sorry the photo is blurry).

Challenges 
Crafty Calendar - 'Animal Antics'
Lexi's Creations #112 - 'Use Your Punches and Dies'
Penny's Paper Crafty #170 - 'Use Your Favourite Colour Combination' (Pink and Green)
Sweet Stamps #162 - 'Swirls' WINNER
Through The Purple Haze #34 - 'Bingo' (flower, image, punch)

Image - All Night Media 418G
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Paper Pleasure Plus
Sentiment - Lili Of The Valley
Dies - Cheery Lynn Wreath Strip, Flourish Leaf Strip; Marianne LRO116
Punches - Martha Stewart PATP Pansies; EK Success Scalloped Corner
Flowers - Prima
Ribbon, liquid pearls, baker's twine, and Peel-off sticker negatives from my junk stash

For a chance to win a lovely prize, and to see the beautiful creations by my teamies, why not visit us at Crafty Little Fairies, and enter our 'Add A Tag' challenge.

Thank you for visiting, and until next time "Happy Crafting",
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x

17 comments:

  1. I love your "Thank You" kittens Jennifer and I'm sure your vet will too. I think so many people forget that they take great care of the pet owners as well as the pets xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer - so sorry to hear about Pally ... it really changes the dynamics in a home when a beloved pet dies :o(
    On a happy note, this is a gorgeous card and one I'm sure your vet will truly appreciate. Love how you've captured the cheekiness of the kittens! With my DT "hat" on, thanks for joining in with our Dies and Punches challenge at Lexi's Creations this time.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jannifer....i just love your card the wee kitties are so so cute..a dear favourite for me as im an animal lover.......beautiful card indeed.

    fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card jennifer - so cute.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, love your kittens card [so very sorry about Paddy--losing a pet is the same as losing a family member--because they are!]. Thanks for entering our Challenge #57 - "Animals" --please come by Simply Create Too Tomorrow to enter our new and fun challenge too. PS Isn't retirement great????

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made a beautiful card. I love the Marianne die you've used (it's one of my most used dies) and the punched border looks lovely too. The image is very cute and you've coloured it beautifully.

    I'm so sorry to hear about the sad loss of Pally. We've always had pets and they become part of the family so I do understand how you feel.

    I'm sure your vet will really appreciate this beautiful card.

    Thank you for joining in our Animal Antics challenge at Crafty Calendar.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer what a lovely card! you have taken some great photos and i love the close up of the kittens ..great colouring. Love the die cut border with the flower in the middle and the pale pink background is just right. Many thanks for joining us this week at TTPHC and good luck. Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the kitties and all the soft colors. Thanks for playing along at TTPHC and Good Luck! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a very pretty card! Ty for joining us @ Simply Create Too!!

    Amanda
    SCTDT
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, love the image you've chosen. Thanks for joining the fun at TTPH.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Sorry to hear about your cat, your cats image i'm sure will be loved by your vet. Very cute!! Thanks for joining us over at Through the Purple Haze Challenges :)
    Eithne DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us over at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about your cat. Such a lovely card
    Thanks for joining in this week at Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge
    Hugs katie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card and how sweet to have such a special bond with your vet. I know that this card will mean a lot to her.

    So sorry about your sweet, Pally.

    Thanks for joining our animal challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely card. I feel your pain about your Pally-I lost my Morris in August having had him put to sleep also. It has been awful and I have only started to feel a bit better about it very recently. He has left a large hole in our lives and was so precious to us all especially me and my 2 1/2 year old who still talks about him. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet card and little kitties. My heart goes out to you I lost 2 of my dear furry babies last year. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Good luck. Maggie DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another delightful cared jennifer and so perfect to give to your vet who gave you so much help with Pally - I bet she really appreciated it.
    Hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.