Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 21 March 2014

"Hello"


Last week, a friend who loves my cards, asked me if I would go to 
her home and show her and a couple of her friends how to make a 
simple card. None of them have ever done any papercrafting, although
they all do some form of craft, be it knitting, sewing, etc. As I basically
only have enough tools and equipment for myself, I really had to 'put my
thinking cap on' as to a design that was pretty, employed several easy
techniques for beginners, yet required a minimum of equipment. 
This is what I came up with...
I have always loved the combination of pink and green, and I knew I had
several sheets of the striped paper in my large paper stash. The pinks of
the cardstock, ribbon and topper are all a perfect match IRL, but as so
often before, they look very different in the photographs. I would love
to know why this happens????

Quite a few years ago, there was a company here in Australia that
would travel each year to many areas and hire a hall for a few days, where
they would sell a vast selection of lovely papers, cardstock, punches, and 
stamps, all designed by themselves. I particulary loved their papers, and
 this 'topper' was from a heavy-weight sheet of deeply-embossed, 
small rose images at various stages of opening (here). I cut a 
fully-opened rose for each of the ladies, using a circle die.

Inside the card is fairly simple, and these cards were a good way
to use some of the huge collection of peel-off stickers I have 
managed to accumulate over the years.

On Sunday, my friend is going overseas for a few weeks, so we will have 
our craft morning when she returns. I hope the ladies enjoy 
making this card.

Image - Paper Pleasure Plus
Paper - Grace Taylor Vintage Collection
Embossing - Couture Creations Trellis
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Circles, Floral Doily Motifs; Cheery Lynn Butterfly Trio
Punch - EK Success Scalloped Corner
Sentiment - Wild Rose Studio Cute Greetings
Stickles - Star Dust
Peel-off Stickers, Ribbon from my junk stash

Thank you for visiting, and until next time, "Happy Crafting"
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x


3 comments:

  1. Oh hun, what a wonderful thing to be asked to do! And I am sure you will teach the ladies perfectly how to make this beautiful card. Wish I lived closer, I could gatecrash then. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty card indeed Jennifer. How lovely that you were able to share your craftiness with others and maybe inspired more card makers of the future!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer, hope you are well. Bet the ladies had a wonderful time making this pretty card,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.