Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 24 March 2014

Poinsettia, Holly and Pine

So far, my New Year's resolution is still 'on track'. It was to create Christmas 
cards throughout the year so I could avoid the awful frenzied panic I 
experience each November and December.

Just before Christmas last year, I succumbed to temptation and bought the
Memory Box Grand Merry Christmas die. I knew it would be so 
versatile, not only in its original form, but the negative pieces
 from the word 'Christmas' could be used on other cards.

I love the Spellbinders Poinsettia die, and have used it many times. 

Inside my card, which has a large area on which to write a
personal Christmas message.

Challenges
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 'Paper Flowers' HONOURABLE MENTION
Christmas Card #17 - 'Anything Goes'
Winter Wonderland - 'Paint The Town Red' TOP 3

Dies - Spellbinders Poinsettia; Impression Obsession Pine Branch; Memory Box Grand Merry Christmas; Cheery Lynn Holly Strip; Marianne Poinsettia;
Punches - Martha Stewart Branch; EK Success Scalloped Corner
Ink for sponging - Versacube Gold
Tiny flower gems are from my junk stash

Thank you for visiting, and until next time, "Happy Crafting",
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x

12 comments:

  1. Oh my - how gorgeous!!! LOVE this! Great paper poinsettias and I absolutely love the split sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I was a follower, hopped over and found I wasn't so I am now. Gorgeous card, so glad I bought that die last year, love it. Looks fab with the poinsettia too. I see you have entered WW so with my DT hat on thanks for playing and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Jennifer.I love the word die and pretty poinsettia
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE all the fabulous dies cuts used on this card! That bloom is amazing and I adore that fun sentiment! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) HUGS and have a great rest of your week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!!! Stunning card, Jennifer. That super awesome poinsettia is just perfect for this card AND for Christmas. Thanks for joining the March Stash challenge at 52 {C}CT.
    Asha

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous, beautifully balanced card Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your kind words, Jennifer. It's been more than a year and I still think of Xiara all the time, sometimes hear her bell. I am sure she's with Pally rolling about in the sun, chasing butterflies, snoozing but ever alert for when they spot us over the Rainbow Bridge. Every year is a year closer. You have a kind heart...so glad our paths crossed here...another Christmas miracle!
    hugs,Asha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is stunning Jennifer, I love your beautiful poinsettia layered over the holly and pine, such a festive arrangement! Wonderful on the inside too!

    I loved that Merry Christmas die but I didn't succumb. After Christmas I saw the happy birthday version and I got that - I may well CASE your design but for a birthday card, so thanks so much for the inspiration! : )

    Thanks for joining us and sharing at 52 {C}CT, please play along with us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GORGEOUS!! Love the negative and positive sentiment and the red, white, green combo. An awesome card. Thanks for playing along at 52 CCT
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is stunning! The bold sentiment and fabulous big bloom. Great card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic card! I love the classic, simple elegance of the poinsettia with greenery and the font of the sentiment. I also appreciate the detail of using the same type of gem for the poinsettia center and the dot on the "i". Thanks so much for sharing your card in our Stash Challenge at 52{C}CT! :) I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.