Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Elphie

Good evening fellow crafters,

We had so many wonderful entries from you all last week at Penny's Paper Crafty, 
but it is now time for a new challenge. Our challenge theme is:
'ANYTHING BUT SQUARE'

Our generous sponsors this week are
and

I was asked to choose one of Kathryne's digi stamps, so had
no hesitation in choosing her adorable ELPHIE THE ELEPHANT.
I had intended to make another shaped card, but time got the better of me, so I opted
to create a simple step card. Despite the last minute change of plans, I am quite
happy with this design.

I used my blender pen to try to create skin texture on Elphie. Kathryne has manged to
capture the posture of a baby perfectly, hasn't she...and as for that face...just soooo cute.

Inside my card with space for a personal message.

I decorated the back of the card, but realised that I should have attached
a backing piece of cardstock to the coloured image.

Challenges:
Tammy's Scrappin' Corner #83 - 'Inspired By A Song Title'
(Baby Elephant Walk)
Paper Creator's Crafts #15 - 'Dies and/or Punches'
Inky Chicks #14 - 'Use 2 Different Die-Cuts'
Robyn's Fetish #180 - 'Use A Digi'
Card Mania #31 - 'Pastel Colours'

Image - StampArt Design by Kathryne digi Elphie The Elephant
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Sugar and Spice Studio Baby Girl
Dies - Spellbinders; Cheery Lynn, Marianne, Martha Stewart
Gems and Stickles from my junk stash

For a chance to win great prizes, why not visit Penny's Paper Crafty and enter our 'Anything But Square' challenge.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

11 comments:

  1. Very beautiful Jennifer! I enjoyed reading of the fun you had with Elphie. Thank you. Your card is delightful and gorgeous with lovely colours. The die frame is exquisite. I love how you used it. Your 'Baby" sentiment and sparkly butterflies are wonderful. Love it love it all. xx Kathryne

    ReplyDelete
  2. how adorable and cute!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous baby card jen. Love the baby letter die x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is BEAUTIFUL! Love Elphie! You've colored her beautifully and it's perfect for a Baby Girl. Love the softness of this card. Thank you for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week.

    Amy ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Jennifer and such a cute little ellie!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jennifer, Elphie is so cute and precious. Simply a sweet card, lovin the shape and coloring. Beautiful design and eye catching coloring. Lovely card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous baby card,Jennifer!Thank you for joining us at Card Mania!Good luck!
    Iva xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful creation with great details and its perfect for our ‘INSPIRED BY A SONG’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Tammy’s Scrapin Corner Senior DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, this is a lovely baby girl card and such an adorable little elephant! I really like the simple stepper design too :-)
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card. Love that little elephant!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky I have some candy on my blog ;o) http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/09/400-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.