Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 25 May 2013

Guest Designer


Hello fellow crafters,
Last week I was thrilled to find that I had been chosen as the winner of challenge #27 in ABC Challenges, with this card that I made for my blogger friend, Pauline's birthday.

My prize was to be their Guest Designer for this week's challenge, 
'Make Your Own Stamped Background'
This is my card, using a colour I rarely use, orange. I felt like getting my fingers inky, something else I rarely do, so I made some more of my parchment roses.
For my background paper I used Express Blend-it card, which I normally use for my images that I colour with Promarkers. It is beautiful to work with when using a Resist Technique. I stamped the swirls with Versamark ink, then embossed them with Silver Pearl embossing powder, which creates such a 
luxurious look. 'Tis a pity that did not show up in the photo. I sponged the whole card with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, then wiped it with a facial tissue. It doesn't show, but I lightly sponged the leaves
with Sage Versacube ink.
A closer look at my parchment roses. They have Flower Soft in the centres.
The large one reminds me of the big, soft, highly-scented roses my
Gran used to grow. 
Inside my card co-ordinates with the front.

I would like to enter the following challenges:-
Craft Room - 'Stamp your Own Background Paper'
Crafty Ribbons #46 - 'Anything Goes With Ribbon'
Anything Goes #93 - 'Handmade Backgrounds'
Marianne Design Divas - 'Get Your Dies Out'
Rhedd and Rosie's #7 - 'Blooming Lovely'
Milk Coffee - 'Load on the Flowers'
LEJ #54- 'Die Cuts and/or Punches'
Timeless Tuesdays - 'Butterflies'
Everybody Art #237- 'Flowers'
Whoopsidaisy - 'May Flowers' TOP 3
Creative Belli #170 - 'Flowers'

Stamps - Hero Arts Fantastic Florishes; Stampin' Up
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Spiced Marmalade; Adirondack Butterscotch and Raisin; Versacube Sage; Versamark clear
Dies - Spellbinders Rose Creation, Foliage; Marianne Creatables Double Frames, Frames Swirls
Punch - Carl Butterfly
Embossing Powder - Stamp-It Silver Pearl
Gem - Papermania
Flower Soft, Stickles Icicles, Ribbon, all from my junk stash

Why not pop over to ABC Challenges, see the lovely creations by the regular DT.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

16 comments:

  1. Wow, these flowers and colours are stunning. Thanks for playing at crafty ribbons. I have some candy if you would like to hop over x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card beautiful and gorgeous flower.
    Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful are very pretty and your flowers are Awesome. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jennifer this is stunning - the parcheent roses are absolutely beautiful and your colourscheme is wonderful!
    hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and very cute image. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Let's Craft and Create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining the LEJ Designs Challenge No 54 - Die Cuts and /or Punches over on our challenge blog.

    Absolutely stunning cards. Love the colour choices with the gorgeous layouts and elements. These are both really 'WOW' cards.

    Hope to see you joining in on more of our future weekly challenges, there are always plenty of lovely prizes up for grabs from LEJ Designs and our wonderful sponcers.

    Hugs Lisa xxxxx LEJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. Thank you for being a guest designer at ABC Challenges. Xx Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW... .those flowers look so real! Beautiful colors and layout! Thanks for joining us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. Love all the embellishments and flowers. Very creative. Thank you for being a guest designer at ABC Challenges. Xx Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! Colours, flowers, design, everything! Thank you for entering the Rhedd and Rosies challenge, good luck! Wendy (DT member) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty cards, the colours and design are gorgeous, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an absolutely beautiful card, I love the colours so much. Thank you for joining us over at Anything Goes for our backgrounds challenge xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow beautiful card, thanks for joining in with our challenge at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful flower embellishments! This is a really lovely card. Thank you for joining us in the Creative Belli Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are so lovely!But the bear and his flower garden are so cute!
    Thanks for playing with us at Milk Coffee Challenge.
    Smiles, Kaly

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.