Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Raccoon Friends

Hello fellow crafters, and a big welcome to my newest followers, Mamma Mia and Debi. Thank you for taking the time to sign up, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

There is a new challenge for you at Penny's Paper Crafty, and our theme this week (my card may give you a clue) is
'CIRCLES'
Our 2 generous sponsors this week are
and

The image I have used is 'Most Adorable Raccoons' by The Paper Shelter. 
I think I have mentioned before that I love recycling. The silver layers are actually the underside of yoghurt lids. The darker one is the same brand as the others, but reflected the top I was wearing.
Racoons are not found here in Australia, so I had to look them up on the internet to see what colours they are. I coloured them with my Promarkers. They really are the cutest little critters, aren't they.
I'm not really happy with the inside of my card. Rather than adhere a piece of the DP to the bottom of the card, I decided to split the piece, for a change. The 'corners' are just a circle I cut into quadrants.

Challenges I would like to enter are:-
An Oldie But A Goodie - 'Inspired By A Song' (Rocky Raccoon
(DP is about 4 years old)
Kaboodle Doodles #172 - 'Stripes and/or Circles'
LEJ Designs #54- 'Die Cuts and/or Punches'
Try It On Tuesday - 'On The Wild Side'
Digi Makeover #89 - 'Friendship'

Image - The Paper Shelter digi Most Adorable Racoons
Colouring - Promarkers
Sentiments - Stamp it, and unknown (Hello)
Paper - DCWV ?Glittered Stack
Dies - Spellbinders Classic Circles
Embossing - Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
Ink (sponging) - Memento London Fog

For a chance to win great prizes, why not visit Penny's Paper Crafty and enter our challenge.
Hugs,
Jennifer. x





13 comments:

  1. Super card and a great bit of recycling Jennifer, and it's me given an idea .... brain is running away with itself again! Love the cute raccoons!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card shape is great and all the circles... Perfect!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those raccoons are most adorable :) Beautiful card and clever recycling. Love it!

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, love the image and a great way to recycle too! Thank you for joining us over at LEJ Designs Challenge. Karen (DT member) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - love those cirles - they look great! Thank you for joining in the fun at TioT this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer - this is really cute, love the raccoons and your cut out circles.
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your raccoons are really cute Jennifer and I have that fab paper somewhere! I must find it out now you have reminded me!!
    Thanks for playing along with our inspired by a song challenge at Oldie But A goodie and good luck
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that yoghurt lids idea!!! The most brilliant recycling I have seen for a long time!
    Thank you for playing along with us at TIOT!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness, super cute. love the racoons and big polka- dots!!
    Thanks for playing with us at TIOT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for hoining in our current challenge over on the LEJ Designs Challenge No 54 - Die Cuts and /or Punches

    What a fab card. Lovely glittery paper and layout. The image is cute and all the elements work really well together.

    I hope you will join us again for our future weekly challenges as there are always excellent prizes up for grabs.

    Hugs Lisa xxxx LEJ Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute image, those little racoons look fab. Gorgeous card Jennifer.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Jennifer. Those raccoons are just adorable.

    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.