Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Woodland Beauties

Hello fellow crafters,
It appears that spring has finally arrived to those of you in the northern hemisphere, and likewise autumn has finally arrived here in Oz. We actually lit our woodfire last night, and today it is chilly, miserably overcast and drizzling. For the past few weeks we have had temperatures ranging from 23 - 30 oC. Talk about an 'Indian Summer'.

I just can't believe how fast the weeks are rushing by, so it is again time for another challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty. You should all have fun with the theme this week,
'DIES CUTS and/or PUNCHES'
Our lovely sponsors this week are

and

I was asked to choose a digital image from Fred She Said Designs, and my choice was Blue Jay and Raspberries. They have so many lovely images, it was difficult to choose just one.
That absolutely gorgeous paper was a sheet about A3 size. I bought it 2½ years ago in London at a very old shop a few blocks from the British Museum. It sold the most exquisite papers, and did book-binding - the old way. They also had a couple of antique printing presses there. I swear I was swooning, and fit to faint, being the paper-addict I am. This paper was made in Italy, and is of stunning quality. It was priced to reflect that, but I didn't mind...I just had to have it. This is the first time I have used it.
A closer look at the pretty jays and their dinner. I coloured
the images with my Promarkers.
I printed, coloured, and cut out 2 of the larger jays, 
and mounted the top one on 3D Dots. I also reduced
the size of one to make it appear to be more distant.
Inside my card showing another section of that gorgeous paper.

I would like to enter the following challenges:-
Creative Craft #9 - 'All About Animals' (2nd entry)
Cute Card Thursday #267 - .'Come Fly With Me'
Ruby's Rainbow #53 - 'Furry Friends' (2nd entry)
Pause, Dream, Enjoy #9 - 'Outdoor Critters'
No Matter Which #9- 'Things With Wings'
Make My Monday - 'Anything That Flies'

Image - Digital Stamp - Fred She Said Designs Blue Jay and Raspberries
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper -  unknown brand (large sheet) Printed in Italy
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped circles; Cuttlebug Vintage Corners
Punches - Martha Stewart Butterflies Border
Platinum Stickles from my junk stash

For a chance to win great prizes, why not visit Penny's Paper Crafty and enter our challenge.
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

12 comments:

  1. a gorgeous card with wonderful images!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jennifer. The little birds are so sweet and I love the papers and design.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, with the bird and gorgeous paper.
    Thanks for joining in NMWC.
    Hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. How darling! Those birds are the cutest ever and I LOVE the patterned paper you used! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    PS: I've got a DT call on for a new challenge called House of Cards. I'd love for you to enter if you're interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I love the images, fabulous colours and beautiful papers.
    Thank you for taking part in the No Matter Which Challenge this month
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right - your paper is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us over at Rubys rainbow xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous, love the sweet birds and the papers are so beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really sweet card and the little bird is adorable. Thanks for joining in with our MMM anything that flies challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, Jennifer. I don't think I could ever have used that paper if it was that special. It's absolutely gorgeous.
    Seems funny to think that you're having your Autumn somehow, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Jennifer, I love the corner as you know :-)
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What Gorgeous Blue Jays! What a gorgeous Scene over all! Thanks for joining us at NMWC

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty and delicate Jennifer - love it.
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.