Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Robin Red Breast

Hello to all my crafting friends, and a big "Happy St. Patrick's Day" 
to all my Irish friends.

I have a very basic Christmas card for you tonight.
Two weeks ago, I went to the big craft show at Rosehill racecourse in
Sydney. This gorgeous embossing folder was the last one on a stand. It
had to come home with me, as I love Christmas trees. The folder is a 
large one, therefore it is perfect for my square cards.

About 4 years ago I bought a pack of 10 large Christmas cards, partly 
because I like to have some handy 'just in case', partly because I know
some people 'bin' cards as soon as they open them (handmade or not), 
but mainly because I adore robins, and could use part of the cards as
toppers. There were 2 designs in the pack. This is my favourite.

I kept the inside of my card quite simple, so as to feature
the lovely embossed layer.


Challenges
Completely Christmas #54 - 'Add A Robin'
Crimbo Crackers #76- 'No Printed Paper'

Image - Recycled Christmas card
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Squares; Elizabeth Craft Designs Season's Greetings
Embossing - Nellie Snellen Christmas Trees
Ribbon is from my junk stash

Just a short post tonight, as John is with his last student for the evening, so I must go and feed and rug our horse, then prepare dinner.

I will be back on Friday with the rather elaborate card I made for this week's challenge at Winter Wonderland. I have been trying new techniques, so yesterday I had very 'inky hands'. so until then..."happy crafting" and thank you for visiting.

Hugs
Jennifer. x



4 comments:

  1. Oooh hunny, that is such a handsome robin! Love the embossing folder, I can see why you simply had to have it, how do you get your embossing so crisp? Mine ends up a bit squished by the time it reaches the card. Love this a lot. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birds are my favourite, especially for Christmas cards. Just gorgeous Jennifer. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab way to use a shop bought Christmas card and make it look so very special. The red and white colour scheme is really crisp and lovely, and that embossing folder is delightful :-)

    I hope you have a lovely day and look forward to seeing your inky creation!

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Christmas card Jennifer, such a gorgeous robin and perfect red and white colour combination.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.