Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Warren and His Giant Easter Egg

Can you believe we are almost at the end of March, and Easter is looming
large and strong. I thought we had 2 1/2 weeks until the bunny comes
a'visiting, but was in a panic when I realised we only have 10 days.

This card has to wing its way to the UK (from Australia), so I made
it yesterday, albeit in great haste. Thereby hangs a tale of woe......
because I had rushed my colouring, I wasn't completely happy, so
thought I would try to draw viewers' eyes from the image with some
sponging around the image. That will teach me not to rush...the 
sponging was very uneven, and looked terrible. The more I tried
to fix it, it looked worse. I didn't have time to colour another
image, so decided to 'fussy-cut' Warren and his giant egg.
Fussy-cutting is not a technique I enjoy, as you can probably see.

A closer look at poor Warren, who I think looks as if he is in 
shock at what I have done with him.

The inside of my card co-ordinates with the front. The photo just doesn't
do justice to the oh so gorgeous paper, which is super glittery.

Challenges I Would Like To Enter
Animal Friends #23 - 'Easter'
Corrosive #220 - 'Our Animal Friends'
Crafty Sentiments - 'Inspired By A Song' (Here Comes Peter Cottontail)
Creative Card Crew #83 - 'Easter Critters'
Cute Card Thursday #365 - 'Spring Fever'
Deep Ocean #100 - 'Easter'
Dream Valley #102 - 'Easter' TOP 3
Fantastic Tuesday #78 - 'Easter Card'
(PIN)spirational #136 - See photo (I was inspired by the soft pastel colours)
Simply Create Too #81 - 'Easter or Bunnies'

Image - Craftwork Cards Warren
Colouring - Promarkers
Sentiment - Easter set from $2 shop
Paper - First Edition Spring Drop
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Circles; QuickKutz Scalloped Border
Punches - Carl Sakura (mini); Martha Stewart Butterfly Trio
Card Candi - Craftwork Cards
Ribbon is from my junk stash

I must go and pretend that I love housework (Urghhhh), so until next time, thank you for visiting.

Hugs
Jennifer. x




16 comments:

  1. Eine wundervolle Osterkarte. Danke für die Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do make me smile, you silly woman, Warren does look a little surprised but then I think any rabbit would if it had laid an egg, especially one that size! Gorgeous card hun, perfect for Easter. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job of the fussy cutting Jennifer and a fabulous card (we'd never have known otherwise!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and pretty. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just hate that when something doesn't do according to plan! I think you made a stunning recovery, the image looks fabulous! Wonderful Easter card Jennifer. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't we all find housework the last thing on our minds! Beautiful card and fussy cutting. Thank you so much for joining us at CREATIVE CARD CREW TEAM and best of luck in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful paper, die cuts, gorgeous image and details Jennifer.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty Easter card Jennifer, your fussy cutting looks fine to me and Warren is adorable.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card Jennifer, the image is so sweet and I love the soft colours.
    Enjoy the housework!! lol!!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Easter Card hoping on by from Fan-Tastic Tuesday crafty hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm afraid your tale of woe did make me chuckle, but I have to say it looks as though Warren has escaped unscathed and the fussy cutting looks super neat!
    I love the pretty pastels and glitter on this design and hope it gets to the recipient on time :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

    DT-Member SCT
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card Jennifer. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet GDTx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Easter card and a sweet image.
    Thanks for joining us at the Animal Friends and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  15. Da hast Du ein ganz bezauberndes Werk kreiert
    Hab ganz lieben Dank für die Teilnahme bei Animal Friends
    Liebe Grüße
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.