Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Pearl-ex Cars

 

Welcome to my newest follower, Pamellia, whose blog contains 
some incredible inspiration...I recommend a peek.

During the first half of the year, I always have lots of birthday cards to 
make, and much to my dismay, most of them are for men. Many of you
say that you struggle with these cards, and believe me, I am no 
different. Why can't men enjoy pretty pink cards, with cute 
images and lots of flowers, lace and pearls?

Mmmmm, well this is the best I can come up with for a fellow guide 
at the Fort. It was his birthday yesterday.
I have more peel-off stickers than I will ever use in my life-time, a
result of my fascination with them in my early days of card-making.

When recently transferring my crafting studio from an old converted
stable to our spare bedroom, I found lots of stash and equipment I
had not, in some cases, seen or used for years. One of these items
was a Pearl-Express Watercolour Palette, so I used it to paint these
outline peel-off stickers, giving the cars a wonderful metallic finish.

Inside my card continues the mechanical theme.

This is the first time I have used this fabulous die-cut, and I
attached it to the left-hand panel inside the card.

Dies - Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Rectangles; Marianne LR0198 (cars); Memory Box Mini Gears
Colouring - ArtQuest Pearl-Express Watercolour Palette
Scissors - Fiskars Deckle Edge
Peel-off stickers from my junk stash

Challenges
Sparkles Monthly #65 - 'One For The Boys'

I really must have a shower, my 3rd for the day as the weather continues to be so dreadfully hot and humid, then try to get some sleep. I am on duty at the Fort all day tomorrow, and we will be incredibly busy, as there is a cruise ship coming into Newcastle for the day. On 'cruise ship days' it is not unusual to have 600-1000 people visit the Fort.

Until next time, "happy crafting",
Hugs
Jennifer. x






9 comments:

  1. Fab mans card Jennifer! I really struggle with these - good job I have daughters !!! Love the layout and love how you've painted the cars! I daren't sort my stash. Who knows what I might find? Sending big hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect masculine card Jennifer, the decorated inside looks fabulous.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous masculine card Jennifer!! Thanks for the warm welcome, glad to be here. Love that car die cut, so many ways to put that to good use! Great contrast with the metallics and matte. Wonderful! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card. I know what you mean about the peel offs - I've got loads too. Hardly use them nowadays. I love the way you've used them. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

    Hugs Helen P (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the image...
    Thanks for sharing
    Mel
    DT CRAFTY SENTIMENTS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, pretty much all my early cards featured the good old peel off! I am not sure if I have them stashed away somewhere or gave them to my M-I-L to use!
    I certainly never made mine look anywhere near as lovely as these fab cars though - your painting of them is fantastic!
    I am in the 'struggle to do male cards' camp, although it's more to do with finding a good theme/image than the design.
    Your card is a great design, both inside and out!

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really do love your card, and you are using a techique I am not very familar what an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing... xoxo SanDee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card inside and out.Super design ans love the metallic given to the cars.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next time.
    Lisa x GDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennifer! Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. You absolutely must take a deep breath and use the beautiful cherry blossom paper - it is just lovely. I'm looking at the scraps I have left to see what else I can make. I should have bought two pieces - so that I could use one and keep one to look at!!!! Big hugs, hope you're ok, Jayne xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.