Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Inky Fingers

'Inky Fingers' was the only title I could use for this post, as that was well and
 truly what I had at the end of the making of this card. However, I seem to be
overcoming my aversion to having messy fingers and hands, as I loved 
getting 'down and dirty', and can't wait to repeat the fun. Before I began
'playing', every single element was stark white, including the card base.

I created puddles of various D.I.s, dragged my cardstock through them several
times, drying with a heat tool each time. Then from a height, I sprayed with
Picket Fence distress stain. When that was dry I sprayed with a little
Pearlescent Liquid Acylic diluted with water, creating a stunning 
shimmery effect, which unfortunately barely shows in the photos. 

When the base was completely dry, I softly stencilled swirls all over, using
portions of butterfly wings on a 12x12 stencil, then sponged around the
edges. 

The flowers are made using EK Success punches and D.I.s, and the
seam binding was stained with several D.I.s.

The bird in flight (as with the little birdhouse) was embossed with Chunky
Blue Frantage, and a tiny sprinkling of lavender Opals. The stamped bird
and sentiment are from a set of clear stamps I have had for about 5 or 6 
years, and never used. I found them (along with quite a few other sets, and
many other items) when I moved my craft room from the old stable to the
 house. Shame on me! The good thing is though, it's like having new stash.

At this stage I have not decorated the inside of my card, as per usual, but
if I decide to do so, I will edit this post.

Challenges I would like to enter:-
Artistic Inspirations #128 - 'Anything Goes With A Twist of Flowers'
Craft For The Craic - 'Bingo' (flowers, ribbon, die-cuts)
Creative Card Crew #84 - 'Handmade Flowers'
Frilly and Funky - 'Put A Ribbon On It'
Inspiration Journal - 'Spring Blooms'
Mixed Media World #1 - 'Anything Goes'
That Craft Place - 'Easter/Spring'
The Crafter's Cafe #109 - 'Spring Flowers'
The Shabby Tea Room #248 - 'Beautiful Blooms' (photo inspiration)

Dies - Spellbinders Grand Classical Lace Border; Memory Box Woodland Branch; Sweet Stamps Elegant Leaves; Couture Creations Baby Dove; Marianne LR025, LR0106, LR0107
Stamps - Inkadinkadoo
Punches - EK Success Retro Flowers Medium and Large
Stencil - Crafter's Workshop Butterflies 
Frantage - Stampendous Shabby Blue
Opals - Lavender
Inks and Stains - Versamark; Brilliance Archival Pearlescent Lavender, and Jade; Adirondack Denim; Daler Rowney Pearlescent Liquid Acrylic; Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain Picket Fence; Tim Holtz Distress Inks Scattered Straw, Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs, Bundled Sage, Dusty Concord, Milled Lavender, Tumbled Glass
Seam Binding and Stamens are from my junk stash

Me thinks I had better go and attend to boring tasks like housework, so thank you for visiting. I have some very exciting news to tell you soon, but at this stage I have to 'zip my lips', so in the meantime, I wish you "Happy Crafting".
******
I would like to mention too that at Winter Wonderland we have a DT Call. We are looking for 2 new teamies who are enthusiastic about making Christmas cards. For full details, pop over to our challenge blog, and if you are interested in joining us you have until 10th April to apply.
******

Hugs
Jennifer. x

11 comments:

  1. Wow Jennifer this is spectacular and well worth the inkiness I think!! How you could part with it I don't know...I think I would put it in a frame!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Jennifer!! Your background is amazing, love the rich colours! I can't believe you made those flowers, holy cow they are incredible! Love your birds and all the foliage...just a wonderful card all around! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so distracted by the beauty of your card that I forgot to say Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Put a Ribbon on it' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

      Delete
  3. I'm loving the new inky direction your cards are taking and all the detail is exquisite! I would never have guessed you made those flowers with punches - they are amazing!
    You can definitely see the shimmer on the background too; it was one of the first things that caught my eye about this card :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the inky background and the flowers look fabulous.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Jennifer, your inky background is beautiful and you have added so many fabulous details - a gorgeous card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh gosh this is stunning so so love,the background its awesome bless you for playing at TCP this week hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! Your flowers are gorgeous, as are all the colors and those flourished leaves! Very lovely make! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is absolutely wonderful! Love the colours and the background is so beautiful! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Mixed Media World! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! I can see the shimmer just fine, and your flowers are the prettiest I've ever seen! I can't believe you made those with punches! going to have to check them out! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer, please, please promise to keep your fingers inky as the results you've achieved here are superb! I LOVE the whole floral bouquet over the shimmery background and wonderful die cut border. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.