Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 18 September 2015

Christmas Fairy


This is my second post today, the earlier one being my explanation
for my long absence from blogging.

There are less than 100 days until Christmas, so I hope you have all
made a start on your Christmas cards. If not, why not join us each week
for our challenges at Winter Wonderland. That way you can get a 
'head-start' on your festive cards. This week, our theme is
'A CHRISTMAS FAIRY'
and our lovely sponsor this week is 



I have quite a few Christmas Angel stamps, but no Christmas Fairy
stamps, so hope this fairy looks as if she has made a special 
effort to dress for a visit at Christmas.
The lovely paper was in a large stack of Christmas paper that I bought
so many years ago, I have forgotten where, or what brand it is. To 'dress
it up' a bit, I put a dot of Stickles Star Dust in the centre of each snowflake.
I cut out the sentiment by hand, and to hide my 'wonky' cutting, I  
added a narrow border of Stickles around the edge.

I also added lots of Stickles to my fairy's dress, wand and wings, but
as is the usual case, it does not show up in the photos. My lovely fairy
is from a set of children's stamps I bought many years ago.

Inside my card is quite simple. That beautiful 'lace' border was created
with a Martha Stewart punch I had forgotten I had. I must use it
more often, as it is so pretty. I thought it matched the edge 
of my fairy's dress quite well.

Challenges I would like to enter
Christmas Card #41 - 'Anything Goes'
Fantastic Tuesday #103 - 'Anything Goes with a Twist-Bright and Colourful'
Jingle Belles - 'Something From Our Stash, at Least One Year Old' (stamp, paper and border punch are many years old)
Shopping Our Stash #219 - 'Outa This World' (stamp, paper and border punch are many years old)

Image - rubber stamp (un-named children's set)
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Unknown brand, very old, from my junk stash
Sentiment - Crafts 4 Eternity (Digi) 
Die - Joy Craft Snowflake; Spellbinders Butterfly Circles
Punch - Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge
Gems are from my junk stash


For some great inspiration, pop over to the Winter Wonderland challenge,
and have a look at my teamies' gorgeous projects. We would then love 
you to enter your Christmas Fairy creation, for a chance 
to win a fab prize.

Hugs
Jennifer. x




8 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, Love the back ground paper and that awesome snow flake along with the sweet image . Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jennifer. I too think the fairy looks suitably festive.
    Best wishes to both you and John.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the repeating snowflakes throughout your design ... so glad you shopped your stash with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a happy, festive card Jennifer and I love how you made the fairy into a Christmas one with the lovely colouring.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer, this is such a pretty card!
    hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous xmas fairy and i love the super-sparkly card you've built for her! thanks for shopping your stash with us at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fairy looks lovely and definitely Christmassy in that gorgeous shade of red and teamed with the snowflake DP...love all the sparkle too!

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "Outta This World" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.