Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 18 September 2015

AWOL


Hello all my crafty friends.

I thought I had better let you all know why I have been AWOL for the past 6 weeks. 
I would like to say that I have been having a lovely relaxing holiday at some 
exotic destination, but sadly, that is not the case. In fact, John and I have been 
"living a nightmare", from which we will not wake up for some time yet.

Five weeks ago, John went into hospital to have a kidney stone removed by laser. 
That should have involved an overnight stay, with a return trip six weeks later 
to have the stent removed. However, John experienced several major complications, 
including having several internal organs perforated. He had to undergo emergency 
surgery in the middle of one night, then a week later finished up in ICU, with 
septicaemia and urosepsis, unconscious for one night, and at one stage I was told 
he may not survive. He was also given a huge dose of I.V. Penicillin, despite the
fact that he was wearing red wristbands, and his allergy was noted on all his papers.

He has been home for one week, and I am having to care for him around the clock. 
He is still terribly weak, and is still bleeding slightly. He lost 10kgs, and looks terrible 
(he was slim before the op). He will require more surgery in 3-4 weeks to deal with
the internal scarring from the damage that was done to him.

I have not had any spare time to do anything creative, and have been 
soooooo missing being in my craft room. However, I sat up very late 
last night, and made my DT card (very simple) for our Winter Wonderland 
challenge this week, so will be back later today with it.

Until then,
Hugs
Jennifer. x


2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read of the awful time you and your husband have had Jennifer - it seems so unfair to have so many things go wrong. I hope his recovery is speedy and that you keep your strength up to care for him.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jennifer, words fail me to say how sorry I am to read this but I am glad that you have John home from hospital now under your tender loving care. I will be thinking of you both and wishing for a speedy recover for John. Take care of yourself too and I hope you find time for some crafting therapy soon.

    Biggest of hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.