Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, 4 August 2015

How Charming


Our UK visitors left yesterday to return home, and although I am completely
exhausted, it was very sad to see them go. I shall miss them immensely.
Naturally, I did not get a chance to 'play' in my craft room, except for 
fulfilling my DT commitments......almost.......

I managed to load this card onto the Winter Wonderland blog for our 'How
Charming' challenge (which ended last Thursday), but I did not get a
chance to post it into my blog until today.

Michelle from MR Designs sponsored the challenge, and she kindly
gave us a generous selection of her lovely digital papers 
to use on our creations.



I cut the sentiment out by hand, and sponged the edges with Vintage Photo 
distress ink. Without reinking the sponge, I folded it over and pulled the 
stark white twine through it several times, thus using the remainder of  
the distress ink. The holly charm had raised edges, so I applied 
copper and red Stickles to it.

The flowers were cut with punches, sponged with Distress ink,
shaped with McGill tools, and when assembled, I applied
copper Stickles to the centres.

My deer was made with four layers of cardstock and one of shimmery
copper paper. To create even more dimension, I mounted him with
tiny pieces of 3D tape.

Inside the card. 


Paper - MR Designs digital
Sentiment - Crafts 4 Eternity
Dies - Spellbinders Classic Ovals; Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Holiday Greens; Marianne Deer LR 0179
Punches - EK Success Retro Flowers Large and Medium
Charm and twine are from my junk stash

Challenges I Would like To Enter
ABC - 'O Is For Open' (Anything Goes) 
A Gem Of A Challenge #150 - 'Animals or Birds'
Animal Friends #29 - 'At The Zoo'
Brown Sugar # 157 - 'Animals'
Crafting For All Seasons #106 - 'Christmas In July'

'Art' is a wonderful journey, don't you think. For me personally I feel I am
evolving all the time. Why I say this is because even just a year ago, I 
would have intensely disliked this style of card, and I have always 
'hated' the colour combination of blue and brown...now I love it...
along with shabby chic, distressed, and mixed media.

Now I have finished my self "psycho-analysis", I will come back to 
earth with a bump to attend to the massive pile of linen that is 
lurking in my laundry. 

Until next time, thank you for visiting,
Hugs
Jennifer. x







12 comments:

  1. Super Christmas card, love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xxx
    http://cherrytreestudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love it! Thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar Challenge this week, good luck!
    Giada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sehr schön gemacht. Ganz super! Danke daß du bei den Animal Friends mitmachst.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to evolve your style as a crafter and also to see others doing the same and your foray into shabby chic designs are a real joy to see...I just love them :-)
    This colour combo is one I especially love for Christmas cards and your flower embellishments are just so beautiful :-)

    I am glad you had such a lovely time with your guests and I hope you and John are well.

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful holiday card Jennifer! I love the vintage feel of this with your neutrals and muted blues, such a great palette! Wonderful little reindeer and I adore the subtle pattern on your flowers! So festive! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card and image, Thank you for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. We hope to see you again soon.

    Erin Blog Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet and beautiful, i love it.
    I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog as well.
    Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Jennifer! Also with my Pink Gem dt hat on thanks for joining in with our challenge this time!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Your Card is so wonderful, i love it!

    Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends Challenge.

    x Sternenglanz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this looks so amazing! Thank you for joining us at ABC! hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning creation Jennifer, love the fabulous detail.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.