Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 31 July 2015

♫Joy To The World♫

It is some time since I last posted a card, but as I explained a few posts
ago, we have overseas visitors, and we have been quite busy in one way
or another.

Welcome to my newest followers, Julie and Donna. I hope you  
enjoy your visits to my blog.

At Winter Wonderland, many of our Design Team are on holidays, so
our challenge will last 4 weeks instead of our usual 1 week. Our theme
for that period should provide you with lots of creative ideas because it is
'CHRISTMAS CAROLS OR SONGS'

Because of the lengthy break we have 4 wonderful sponsors, and they 
are






This DT card is very similar to my last one, in that I have recycled a
lovely card sent to us last year. Other similarities are that it was a 
large card which I cropped heavily, and I forgot to photograph
the original card before cutting it up.

To comply with our theme of  'Christmas Carol or Song', I could have 
chosen 'Away In A Manger' for this image, but I decided to go with 
'Joy To The World', (the Lord is come) because I had that greeting
on another recyclable card, and the background colour 
matched the image perfectly.

A closer look at the beautiful, serene image. In the window in the 
scene, there was a very tiny star, over which I have attached a 
die-cut star, covered with Star Dust Stickles.

Image - recycled Christmas card
Sentiment - recycled Christmas card
Paper - Lili Of The Valley Frosty Christmas
Die - Memory Box Star Of Wonder
Clear/Gold border stickers are from my junk stash

There is a wonderful selection of cards by my teamies at Winter Wonderland, so why not pop over to our challenge blog, drool over their creations, then enter your own fabulous projects for a chance to win one of the great prizes.

Until next time, thank you for visiting,
Hugs
Jennifer. x



4 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer,it's great to hear from you! I hope your visit is going well and you are trying to relax a little bit. Lovely card, your recycling idea is very clever. I should pull out some of my old cards and do the same thing. sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, traditional card Jennifer. Great upcycling idea.
    Hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Jennifer love the traditional image.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer, beautiful card! Hope you have fun with your visitors!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.