Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 27 May 2017

Christmas Joy


This was supposed to be a simple and quick card, using my lovely new die set
that I won in a Dies R Us challenge. Many, many years ago I saw a card on a 
blog using tiny die-cuts by (I think) Cuttlebug, and the idea has rattled 
around somewhere in the back of my mind ever since........
I cut all the red and gold squares by hand...THEN the 'fun' (not) began. Trying
to line the squares up with equal distance both vertically and horizontally 
between them almost had me tearing my hair out, and several rather 
unladylike words crossed my lips. I thought the stripey paper would  
help,but then we all know what thought did, don't we? 
It made my wonky placements more noticeable.


A closer look at the cute little gingerbread man. It looks as if the gold 
matting is uneven, but that illusion occurred when I cropped my photos.


.
The lovely bell.


Inside the card, where I used a die-cut of the candy cane as a 
simple embellishment. 

Challenges I would like to enter
ABC Christmas - 'J' for Jingle Bells or 'K' for Keep It Simple (I chose Jingle Bells)
A Snowflakes Promise #40 - 'Anything Christmas Goes'
Crafting By Designs - 'Get Ready For Christmas'
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas #335 - Anything Christmas Goes (optional-Use Some Gold)
The Holly and Ivy Christmas #6 - 'Anything Christmas Goes'
The Male Room #61 - 'Stash/Die Cuts' (Dies new, paper & gems very old)
Weekly Christmas Card #13 - 'Anything Christmas Goes' (optional-Wreaths)

Dies - Impression Obsession DIE220-Q; Spellbinder Classic and Scalloped Squares
Paper - Art Stamps Australia; Gold cardstock from my junk stash
Tiny gems are from my junk stash

This card is for an elderly friend in England, but as he doesn't own a computer and therefore never sees my blog, it is safe to show it to you.

We have once again had a glorious late autumn day, but it is now cooling down...time to warm the house and prepare our dinner, so until next time "thank you for visiting".

Hugs,
Jennifer. x







10 comments:

  1. A work of much patience then! Worth the effort as it looks sensational and every element is beautifully placed. Thanks for playing at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Christmas card and design, I love all of the tiny gold images! Thanks so much for joining us at the Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that work is worth it when the result is as fun as this one! I have also often made a card that I thought SHOULD have been quick and easy, and nearly put me over the edge. Had a chuckle at your thinking the striped paper would make all that lining up easy...but now we know better, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you stuck with it - it's such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 335 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card. Love how it turned out! Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges! - Amanda DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card - such a great way to use those smaller die cuts!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute idea! Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your description of how this went together, BUT, in the end it did and made a Super card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room die challenge. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.