Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 15 May 2015

Buttons, Bows and Pinecones


Another week has rushed by, and now it is Friday, which means it is time
for a new challenge at Winter Wonderland. Our theme this week is
'BUTTON IT UP'
We want to see buttons somewhere on your creation, and please 
remember your creation must be a Christmas one.

Our lovely sponsor this week is Digi Stamp Boutique, and they are 
offering a ₤10 voucher as the prize.


Some people seem to have a talent for placing buttons on their creations,
thereby enhancing their work, but when I saw that our DT brief this week at
W.W. was to use buttons, I wanted to 'head for the hills' and hide. Usually, I
am never happy with my use of buttons, but in this case I quite like how I 
have used them...I think it is because they are clear crystal, and therefore
rather subtle additions to my card.
I haven't made an easel card for ages, so rather enjoyed making this one.
The Bazzil cardstock I used is a lovely soft green, but for some 
reason it looks grey in the photos.

This is the first time I have inked up this gorgeous Lili of the Valley 
stamp, and it was such good fun to colour. In addition to the crystal
buttons I used, there are buttons on both these cuties' coats.

A side-on view of my card, showing how 3 of my buttons act as the 
'stoppers' to support the easel element of my card.

This view shows the inside of my card when fully opened.

The largest snowflake with its crystal button centre. I tied the silver cord 
through the buttons, so they would be slightly more visible.

The cluster of mini pinecones, berries, and foliage, all 'smudged' with 
gesso. I learned to make the 2 pine branches from a tutorial by
my super-creative blogging friend, Pamellia. A visit to her 
lovely blog is well worth the time.

Challenges I would like to enter
Christmas At Sweet Stampin' - 'Cute Christmas'
Crimbo Crackers #80 - 'Die-cuts'
Inky Impressions #209 - 'More Than One Fold' WINNER
Penny's Paper Crafty #227 - 'More Than One Fold'
Try It On Tuesday - 'Sewing and/or Buttons'

Image - Lili of the Valley Festive Post
Colouring - Promarkers
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Rectangles; Joy Crafts 6002/2019; Impression Obsession Mini Snowflakes; Cheery Lynn Cutie Fringe 2, Wreath Strip
Punch - Martha Stewart Branch
Paper - Kaisercraft Wish Upon - Twinkle
Sentiment - Craft Creations Ltd Mixed Christmas Greetings 
Gesso - Atelier Traditional Primer
Glitter - Kindyglitz Crystallina
Pinecones from my garden
Buttons, Berries, Silver Cord from my junk stash

For a chance to win a lovely prize, pop over to Winter Wonderland and be inspired by my teamies beautiful creations, then enter your own Christmas 'Button It Up' creation.

Thank you for your visit, and until next time I wish you all "happy crafting".

Hugs
Jennifer. x








14 comments:

  1. Wow Jennifer, you make THE most gorgeous Christmas cards ever!! WOW!! The soft frosted palette, the intricate snowflakes, that precious image and of course, those wonderful 3d pine branches (thanks for the shout out my friend)...it's all so magical and almost makes me wish it would snow!! OK, I said, ALMOST! haha!! Breathtaking Jennifer, and PINNED PINNED PINNED! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Christmas Easel card Jennifer. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jennifer this is stunning! Love the lots of beautiful details on your card!
    Thanks for playing with us at TioT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing made is this! Gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Jennifer. I love how you used the crystal buttons & that gorgeous large snowflake.. Not sure what it is but I've added it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh this is cute. The LOTV images are cute to begin with, but your coloring and the papers and embellishments make this card over the top! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' for our "Cute Christmas Card" challenge. This is just adorable. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Jennifer - love all the embellishments you've adde

    Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions and Penny's

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful easel design and the buttons are perfect stoppers for it - so pretty too :-)
    I love the soft colours, sparkly highlights and your beautiful flower arrangement.

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennifer what a stunning card! I love your pretty buttons!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really pretty card, thank you for joking us on the TIOT challenge, hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card Jennifer, a lovely image and beautiful details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Jennifer! I love this fold :) Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Hope to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous project, thanks for joining us at TIOT, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Thanks for entering Crimbo Crackers - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.