Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 29 May 2015

Christmas Tag Card

Here we are, already at the end of May, and the end of yet another week. 
Of course Friday means the beginning of a new challenge at 
Winter Wonderland, and this week our theme is
'CHRISTMAS TAGS'.

Thank you to our lovely sponsor this week..... 
.....who are offering 3 digi stamps for our winner.


I have chosen to have a tag as the main focal piece on a Christmas card.
My tag is cut from a manilla folder, and the top is shaped with a Spellbinders 
die. I then sprayed the tag with distress stain Picket Fence,and Festive Berries.
When dry, I embossed the tag, then sponged it (and the edge of the base card) 
lightly with Gathered Twigs DI.

I distressed the edge of the green DP, and hand-stitched around it using the
twine (washed first) that is used to seal bags of horse feed that I buy...how's
that for recycling!! 

To create the foliage, I sponged a scrap of white card with various green
DIs, sprayed it with pearlescent acrylic ink, die-cut them, and lastly 
sponged the tips with Gathered Twigs DI. 

Many years ago, while visiting London, I went to my first ever craft show, which
was at Esher (west of London). I still vividly remember being 'agog' with the huge
array of products and techniques available. I came home with LOTS of purchases,
and many pages of tips and ideas. One thing I bought was a very inexpensive,  
huge bag of assorted off-cuts, and when I came home I 'squirreled' them away 
and promptly forgot about them. I found them recently when I moved my craft
room from the stable to the house. The flourishes, 'Joy(s)', and 
poinsettia were die-cut from pieces of these off-cuts.

Inside my card is quite simple, and I will write my personal Christmas
message directly onto the DP with a gold pen. The gold border is 
made from Anita border peel-off stickers.

Challenges I would like to enter
Christmas Card #25 - 'Anything Goes'
Crafting By Designs - 'Get Ready For Christmas'
Crimbo Crackers #81 - 'Anything Goes'
Deep Ocean #104 - 'Bingo' (flowers, stitching, tag)
Fab 'n' Funky #261 - 'Christmas'
Shopping Our Stash #203 - 'Play Misty For Me' (use sprays or mists)
Sparkles Christmas #52 - 'Tag-You're It!' TOP 3

Dies - Spellbinders Labels Twenty; Marianne LR0116; Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia, Holiday Greens, Holiday Words-Script
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug Holly Branch
Paper - First Edition Christmas Village
Distress Inks and Sprays - Tim Holtz Picket Fence, Festive Berries, Gathered Twigs, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Bundled Sage, Iced Spruce; Daler and Rowney Pearlescent Liquid Acrylic
Distressing Tool - Tim Holtz
Sparklet - Kaisercraft
Border Peel-off sticker - Anita's Glitterations gold
Gems, gold ribbon, and twine - from my junk stash

At Winter Wonderland, we would love to see the Christmas tags you create, so pop over for some inspiration by my wonderfully talented teamies. You have one week to enter our current challenge, and please remember your project must be a Christmas one only.

Thank you for visiting, and until next time, I wish you "happy crafting".
Hugs
Jennifer. x









17 comments:

  1. A beautiful Christmas card Jennifer, gorgeous poinsettia.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jennifer, another gorgeous Christmas card! You are really stocking up, I need to jump on the bandwagon or I'm going to be in a world of hurt come the holiday season!! Love the traditional Christmas palette, green and red with gold accents is timeless! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jennifer. What a great idea to use the tag as a focal point on your card.
    Hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer! Your Christmas card is stunning! I love the layout, the layers, the colours!
    Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our "Play Misty for Me" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Your card is beautiful. The colours are gorgeous together and the inside is so pretty to. I always forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card has a nice vintage feel to it. Thanks for sharing it with us at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning card! I love the horse feed bag twine!! :-) Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Christmas card . love the tag topper . Thanks for sharing on Christmas Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - this is an amazing card and I love all your wonderful details. I wish I could produce this with lots of snippets!
    Thanks for playing along with Christmas Card Challenge this week!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card has a wonderfully vintage feel! Love the distressed detail and that tag on the card is lovely. So nice to rediscover the paper stash! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful classical card. Loving the distressed style. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Christmas card the wonderful traditional colours the amazing design all look so lovely thank you for joining our challenge at FAB 'N' FUNKY this week.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jennifer, what a pretty card! Lovely idea to make the tag the focus point of your card!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card and a nice way to get a jump on your seasonal card making! Thanks for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card......Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful card/tag Jennifer, the Poinsettia is so pretty. A well deserved Top3. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sparkles Christmas too.

    Hugs
    Brenda B
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely creation! Thanks for entering Crimbo Crackers - hope you see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.