Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 6 April 2015

Vintage cars

I hope you have all enjoyed, or are still enjoying, your Easter break.
John and I had a few things planned, including a trip to Sydney to visit
the Royal Easter Show. However, we have had to postpone that visit until
next year, because on Friday morning he was rushed to hospital with chest
pains. For several years he has had to take multiple medications for heart
problems, but has not had an actual crisis recently. Things are not as
bad as was first suspected, so he came home yesterday afternoon, albeit
very tired and feeling 'washed out'. He has slept for long periods, during
which I have 'watched him like a hawk'. I know I shouldn't be scared,
but I guess my reaction is a fairly normal one.

Onto happier things...last week yet another of my fellow-guides at the Fort
celebrated his birthday. He turned 78, and is also named John.
 Before he retired, he used to be a motor mechanic, so the natural choice for
 his card was one with cars on it. He is also a very neat and ordered man, 
so my card for him reflects that attribute.

This close up gives slightly better detail of the embossed panel, and one
of my seemingly limitless supply of peel-off stickers.

I decorated both panels of the interior of the card. I LOVE that car 
die-cut...it is one of a pair. The other car is at the end of this post.

Challenges I would like to enter
Crafting Musketeers #24 - 'It's A Man's World'
Crafty Catz #273 - "Anything Goes'
Simply Papercraft #1 - 'Anything Goes'

Images - Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Collection
Dies - Marianne LR 0198 (cars);Tim Holtz Sizzix Steampunk
Embossing - Cuttlebug Clockworks
Greeting inside card - Computer generated
Hub Caps on Car Wheels - Tim Holtz Distress Stain Tarnished Brass
Peel-off sticker is from my junk stash

We are just having a vegetable omelette for dinner, as we had a late lunch, so I had better say "goodnight" and go and look after my patient. I am so behind with my commenting, but I will try to catch up with your wonderful blogs later tonight.

Until next time,
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x 

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful masculine cards with a lovely vintage flavour. Wishing you a blessed Easter too.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of these vintage car images Jenner, and such a great way to showcase them! Love the embossed backing! Very handsome! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Jennifer, wonderful vintage images.
    I'm sorry to hear about your scare with John, I hope he is OK now.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fabulous masculine vintage card and I love how you decorated the inside too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those old cars - super masculine! Thank so much for joining us over at CUYL!

    xo, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about John; I'm glad it was only a brief hospital stay and I'm sure he's happy to be home with your TLC :-)
    Your card is fabulous - sounds perfect for the recipient and the neat layout is sure to be a hit!

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great man's card!
    Fabulous make! Thank you for joining us over at http://craftingmusketeers.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Crafting Muskateers DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jennifer sorry to hear about John, I hope he is on the mend now. Your card is a fab male card!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your masculine card. Would you let me showcase your card and share a link to your blog post in what I call Manly Monday? It's a post on my blog where I share masculine cards (of all ages) as inspiration for my readers. If you are interested, please email me a direct link to your card so I can find it at grohcm at gmail dot com and I will add you to the lineup for the following Monday. I hope to hear from you.
    Cindy at Cre8iveCindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for entering this months challenge over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog , we love your entry xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.