Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Wild Weather!!!

This is a brief post to tell you that unfortunately I have to suspend my blog for a short time due to the dreadful cyclonic weather we have had here in the Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia. We have had some of the worst storms and flooding ever, resulting in several deaths, and many people have lost everything except the clothes they were wearing.

We had no water, electicity or heating for a week, and were stranded with very few supplies. Ten days after the first storms, about 10,000 homes are still without power, so I guess we are luckier than some. We survived on rationed rain water (collected in bowls), ginger beer, cold odd canned food, and dry breakfast cereal, crackers and biscuits.

I managed to get into town yesterday to buy some food (limited stock on supermarket shelves). I also bought a USB stick for my computer, as we have been informed that we will not have a phone or internet for about a month. However, because we live in a rural area, access to the internet via the USB is extremely SLOW  !!!!!!!!!!...30 minutes to open my email account, and another 30 to open my blog, then several slow attempts to open 'New Post' to write this.

Apparently we are in for some more bad weather over the next few days (it has just started raining again). I hope it is not as wild as last week as we have just finished cleaning out several inches of mud in our carport, laundry, and music students' waiting room.

I am so looking forward to 'resuming normal service', and be able to look through all your lovely creations on your blogs, so until then.......

Hugs
Jennifer. x

7 comments:

  1. Take care Jennifer and I hope the rains are not too bad in the next few days - look forward to seeing you back to blogging and hearing the adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe Jennifer - thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    Hugs, Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that you are having such terrible weather Jennifer, I hope it improves for you soon and you can begin to get back to some sort of normality.
    Take care and keep safe.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you will see this but I am thinking of you and hoping that the weather doesn't cause you any major problems.
    See you back here soon I hope and stay safe :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay safe Jennifer and we will see you when you get back. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer, hope things are starting to get back to normal for you soon. Take care!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennifer, I've been thinking of you recently after all of the horrible weather, remembered that you had a blog and went digging until I found you. I'm glad to see that you and John are safe even though the situation is definitely less than ideal. I'm hoping you're still both ok and that life returns to normal soon. We are all well up in sunny Lismore.
    Take care. Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.