Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Another Parchment Rose


July is the busiest month for me for birthdays, and yesterday another friend, Janise,
celebrated hers. Last year, she saw, and fell in love with the parchment roses and
their colours on a card I had made for my spot on a GDT, so keeping with
my policy of never creating 2 cards the same, I made her a card that is
slightly similar, with one of my parchment roses as a feature.

Although I have used this design before, I think this time I may have been influenced 
by a lovely Chistmas card by Debby, that she posted recently. Are you impressed
by how clever I am, managing to 'blend out' the embossing on the lower layer.....
DON'T BE.....my darling Cuttlebug finally 'gave up the ghost'. After many years
of faithful service, she actually exploded!!!, with one of the side panels flying off,
and hitting a wall about a metre away. She has needed some coaxing for about
18 months, so I did buy a Big Shot then, 'just in case', but that has remained 
in its packaging until this week. I have not used it yet, so will have 
some adjusting to do (which plates for different dies, etc).

A closer look at my handmade parchment rose.

I left the inside of my card quite plain, just sponging the
edges, and adding a gold peel-off sticker.
Challenges :-
Crafty Catz #240 - Hot Summer and/or Hot Colours'
Ladybug Crafts - 'Summer Flowers'
Penny's Paper Crafty #187 - 'Anything Goes'
Sweet Stamps - 'Parchment' WINNER
Tok Bobok #14 - 'Monochrome'
Tuesday Throwdown #205 - 'Handmade Flowers'

Dies - Spellbinders Rose Creations; Marianne Branch LR 0150 and Leaves LR 0192
Embossing - Fiskars plate Swirls
Inks - Sponging layers-unnamed (have had it for yonks); sponging on leaves-Versacube 
          Sage; on rose-Tim Holtz DIs (a mixture of Spiced Marigold and Fired Brick)
Peel-off stickers and Flowersoft from my junk stash  

It is so cold here this morning, I am off to do some housework (Urgggg) in an effort to warm myself. Moving is so painful though, as I have once again done some damage to my back (lower back this time).

Thank you for visiting, and until next time,
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x




12 comments:

  1. OH my goodness, this is absolutely STUNNING! LOVE the soft colors and the subtle sponging you did, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Jennifer it looks so real and the design is fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation hun, and your rose is breathtaking! Sorry to hear about the CBug, I will be devastated when mine finally keels over. Take it easy and get that back rested, listen to Dr Squirrel !! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Jennifer. I love the elegant design and beautiful rose.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card Jennifer, I love the design, so pretty..
    Thanks for playing along with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally beautiful and elegant, especially in that lovely soft peach :-)
    I have a Cuttlebug too, about 6 years old I reckon so just wondering when that will explode...!
    I am currently running it with a plate that is cracked almost all the way through, maybe I should get a new plate as it can't last forever! You know what will happen though if I get a new plate... the whole Cuttle bug will break - lol!

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness! This is totally stunning! Such a beautiful and elegant rose - and card! Love the color on this too. So very lovely!
    I keep waiting for my Cuttlebug to die too but so far it's hanging on by a thread. At least I'll know what happens if part of mine goes flying across the room now. That was a good idea to get the Big Shot for "just in case"!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so amazed at your beautiful card I forgot to thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just fabulous!!! I love our beautiful Parchment Rose- and can see why your friend was loving it! Oh my, the same thing happened to me with my CB and I too had a Big Shot put away unopened- luckily- and am really enjoying it so far : ) Wearing two different hats for your challenges- love seeing your Parchment project for Sweet Stamps, and your Parchment Rose is just the ticket for the Tuesday Throwdown challenge as well! Thanks for joining us and best of luck in the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous...Thank you for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty. And good luck.

    Caz xx PPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning flower! I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful birthday card for your friend, Jennifer! That parchment rose really is gorgeous...
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.