Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 12 July 2014

42nd Anniversary


On Tuesday, my darling John and I celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary.
Our lovely neighbours offered to look after our pets so we could have a few
days away. We went to a beachside town about 2 hours drive away, and 
stayed 3 nights at a motel right on the shore. This was our 4th stay there, 
and it is wonderful to go to sleep, then wake in the morning, to the sound
of the waves crashing on the beach just metres away from our room.

This is the card I made for my beautiful man. It is A5 size.

I fell in love with this adorable image when I first saw it several years ago, as it
is so relevant to our careers. John and I have performed professionally as a 
piano and vocal duo for most of our marriage. While I have never actually 
found myself lying on top of the piano, I have often 'draped myself' over 
part of it, while singing 'torch songs', or jazz standards. Mind you,
 unlike these cuties, John has always worn trousers, and I have
worn a little more than a bow and gem in my hair!!

The inside of my card required very little embellishment due to the
design on the DP. I wrote my 'love message' to John in the
white area in the bottom RH corner.

In place of my usual contact details sticker on the back of the card
(after all John knows how to contact me, te he), I used this 
fabulous grand piano die that I bought last month.

Challenges
4 Crafty Chicks #202 - 'Inspired By A Song' (Makin' Whooppee from The Fabulous Baker Boys)
Craft Room - 'Wedding or Anniversary'
Die Cuttin' Divas #173 - 'Wedding or Anniversary'
Penny's Paper Crafty #185 - 'Anything Goes'

Image - Stampavie (Penny Johnson) Love Song 
Colouring - Promarkers
Sentiment - Stampin' Up
Paper - Cre8ive Move To The Beat
Dies - Spellbinder Classic Rectangle, Cuttlebug Music Note #1 and #2, Die-Versions Piano
Stickles and gems are from my junk stash

I'm off to prepare dinner, so thank you for visiting, and until next time, "happy crafting".

Hugs, 
Jennifer. x




10 comments:

  1. A belated happy anniversary to you Jennifer - I am so glad you managed to get some special time away together. What a gorgeous card, and so perfect for your darling. I now have an image of you draped over a piano being sultry .....! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jennifer and sounds perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A happy belated anniversary to you both!
    A gorgeous card too Jennifer. Fab image and design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a special card - the image is so perfect and I hope you had the most wonderful holiday away :-D
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer, congrats for you both, great years <3
    Fabulous and so cute card.
    Thanks for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful creations. Love it, and the bears just made my day, I like these two. Great coloring and the piano is amazing. Happy Love to you both. Thanks for entering our Inspired by a Song challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks. Way to go!

    Leanne DT@4CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card and big congratulations!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope you'll come back soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Jennifer...such a cute couple even without pants!..so glad you had such a lovely break away and I could not think of anything more lovely than to wake up with waves either..congrats on your 42years anniversary...

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an adorable card! I love how softly you colored the image. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Room!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.