Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 5 May 2014

Friends Forever


Yesterday was a special day for two of my dear friends. It was their birthdays.
One is Pauline, my wonderfully talented blogging friend in England. (We 'met' 2 
years ago), and the other is Diane, my friend of more than 51 years. We met 
during our first week in High School, and bonded instantly, mainly because of
our love of horses and partly because of music. Now both in our 60s, we still
share that passion for horses...I still have one, and she still owns several.

Since leaving school, we have been separated by long distances geographically,
but have remained in regular contact. Sometimes it is several years between 
actually getting together, but when we do, it is as if we had seen each other  
the previous day. We chatter and laugh for ages, and our poor husbands 
just shake their heads and 'leave us to it'!

This is the card I made for Diane, with a touch of wishful thinking...I wish
we could see each other more often, and reminisce over a pot of tea.

A closer look at the sweet little friends, coloured with Promarkers.

Inside my card, co-ordinated with the front. That pretty locket die-cut is 
from an early Spellbinders set which I have had for years, and NEVER
used! Shame on me!! Last week I finished categorising and cataloguing 
all my dies. It has been a huge task, but well worth it...I found dies 
that I had forgotten, so now I think I will use them more often.

Challenges
A Little Bit Crafty - 'Flower Power'
Cheery Lynn #131 - 'Lots of Layers'
Creative Knockouts #35 - 'Flowers Galore'
Di's Digi Designs - 'Birthdays'
I Love Promarkers - 'Not Quite Straight'
Paper Crafting Journey - 'Spots and/or Stripes'
Seize The Birthday - 'Anything Goes' (must be birthday)
Sweet Pea Stampers - 'Birthday'

Image - LOTV Coffee Break
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Teresa Collins You Are My Happy
Sentiment Tags - LOTV Sentiment Tags Set 24
Dies - Spellbinders Timeless Heritage, Classic Rectangle (LG) and Classic Scalloped Rectangle (LG); Cheery Lynn Mini Dimensional Butterflies, Lace Corner Deco E
Punch - Carl Fern
Adhesive mesh - a gift from a friend at a stamp camp
Flowers are from my junk stash

I will be back in a couple of days to show you the card I made for Pauline. I want to know if she has received it first, as I know she reads my blog regularly. Until then, thank you for visiting.

Hugs, 
Jennifer. x






16 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Jennifer and I am certain Diane will love it. The little sentiment tags are just perfect and I love the pretty papers and the perfectly matched coloured image xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I love the image. Thank you for joining the challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Jennifer. To be eligible to win at Cheery Lynn Designs, can you correct your link to us? You have it linked to our old website rather than the correct one of http://cheerylynndesigns.blogspot.com/2014/05/cheery-lynn-designs-challenge-131-lots.html Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a totally sweet card, perfect for your friend!@ I have a special BFF and we have 57 years of friendship, we don't live close, but close enough to see each other once or twice a year! Your images on this card is just so sweet and I love your little sentiment tags! Thank you ever so much for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah this is so cute. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card!!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers and good luck in the drawing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely story of inspiration for this pretty card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week and Good Luck. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining in at I love Promarkers this week :) Lou DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable and so gorgeous...Thanks for playing along with us at A Little Bit Crafty this month...good luck.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for the Sweet Pea Stampers 'birthday' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card!! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Knockouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Fabulous details. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cute & such an adorable image!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Creative Knockouts & hope you'll join us again for our new challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jennifer, this is just so cute, what an adorable image. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute card Jennifer!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Di's Digis! I hope to see you again at our current challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty...both inside and out! Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at Paper Crafting Journey.
    Joyce x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.