Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, 17 February 2015

80th Birthday

Yesterday was a special day for one of my fellow guides at the Fort. He
celebrated his 80th birthday...a major milestone in anyone's life. Keith is
full of life, and is the Fort's 'clown'. He has many nicknames, just one of
them being a brand of smallgoods, because most of us tell him he is
more 'ham' than could be found in a delicatessen!!

I was going to make Keith a card which featured a clown, but as I was on a 
kraft 'kick', I opted for a more traditional card. I know for sure that Keith
won't be embarassed about the fact that I have disclosed his age, as he
has been telling everyone for months that he will be 80 in February. 

To create more dimension with the eight and zero, I die-cut three of each from
kraft, and layered them. I then heavily sponged them with Walnut Stain D.I.,
 embossed them with Moonstone E.P., then very lightly and randomly applied 
Tarnished Brass distress stain. Finally I briefly used my heat tool to allow 
the Tarnished Brass to blend into the EP.

I rarely write verses inside my cards, but as Keith is such a happy and 
bright person, I thought this verse suited him perfectly.

Challenges
ABC - 'D is for Die-cuts'
Fantastic Tuesday #71 - 'Anything Goes With A Twist/Use A Die'
Moving Along With The Times - 'Favourite TV Programme' (Foyle's War/Call The Midwife)
Paper Minutes #371 - 'Journey'
Party Time Tuesdays #195 - 'Anything Goes'
Penny's Paper Crafty #214 - 'Embossing (wet or dry)' (I have used both)
Sparkles Monthly #65 - 'One For The Boys'
That Craft Place - 'Film Inspired' (Genevieve)
Tuesday Throwdown #232 - 'Use Metal'

Image - Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Collection
Dies - Cuttlebug Alphabet Fancy Pants; Tim Holtz Sizzix Steampunk; Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets
Embossing - Cuttlebug Clockworks
Media - Stampendous E.P. Moonstone; Tim Holtz D.I. Walnut Stain, D.S. Tarnished Brass
Brad - Stampin' Up Hodgepodge Hardware

Thank you for visiting my blog, and until next time may I wish you "happy crafting".
Hugs
Jennifer. x 


15 comments:

  1. Great masculine card Jennifer, I love all the cogs and the distressed tones, really clever. I bet Keith was thrilled, I know I would be, except for the age!! Hugs to you hunny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card! I love the dimension and colors. I'm sure that Keith will be very happy about it. Thank you for adding it to this weeks challenge over at MAWTT :-) (ps. I LOVE "Call the midwife")

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH this is just excellent! I love that you layered the die-cuts of the numbers. I quickly read your short bio and WOW you are an inspiration!!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Moving Along with the Times
    xxx
    Riette, DT
    My personal blog: www.redcardcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I do hope Keith likes this as much as I do, it's wonderful! I love Kraft but you have taken it to a whole new dimension with the gorgeous embossing and layered die cuts :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant masculine card Jennifer, the dimensional numbers look fabulous.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is brilliant one my favourite programmes too call the midwife bless you for playing at that craft place and thank you for kind words you left about our work, so kind love cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW this is super, I hope Keith has a wonderful 80th Birthday. :) Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazel (Didos) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Email me link to your card so I can find it at grohcm at gmail dot com. I will send you an email when the post goes live. Thank you.
    Cindy at Cre8ive Cindy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vintage feel of this card, very beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful "old"-style. Thanks for taking part in our Paperminutes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 73 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous masculine card Jennifer. I find them so hard to do but yours is fantastic! Thanks so much for participating in our Party Time Tuesday Anything Goes Challenge.I am now your newest follower and would love it if you visited my Make Time To Craft Blog and became a follower too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi great vintage card! I love vintage and the look of it! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles this month, we hope to see you again soon!

    Love From Rebecca xx
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, I do love kraft! Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x

    you can find my CANDY here
    you can find my ATC Swap here

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply perfect male card! Love every inch of it!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Sparkles this month. Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.