Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 24 December 2014

O Come All Ye Faithful

"What a relief", I hear you sigh, "not a poinsettia in sight"!

This card is for a lovely friend who lives in England, and is a very talented
lady, whose watercolouring of stamped images is second to none. In fact
the gorgeous guru himself, Tim Holtz, has given her a mighty "thumbs 
up" for her colouring. Many of you will know her by the name, 
Squirrel, and her favourite style is CAS.

The first time I saw this little cutie, I fell in love, and just had to bring
him home with me. This is the first time he has seen ink. He comes 
with an assortment of Christmas greetings.

Inside the card with a large area on which I wrote my personal message.

Image - Crafter's Companion Makey Bakey Mice Christmas Carols
Colouring - Promarkers
Sentiment - Crafter's Companion Makey Bakey Mice Christmas Carols
Die - Memory Box Virtuoso Music
Punches - Martha Stewart Aspen Snowflake; Making Memories Corner Rounder

Challenges
Alphabet - 'W For Whiskers'
CAS on Sunday #49 - 'Christmas'
I Love Promarkers #250 - 'Anything Goes'
The Dream Factory #15 - 'A Christmas Carol' (O Come All Ye Faithful)

I made this card several weeks ago, and because of the image and the included sentiment (O Come All Ye Faithful, [which is my favourite Christmas hymn]), I used my music die which I have only used once before. 

I photographed my card, put the photos in my 'draft folder', then mailed the card to England. Imagine my surprise when 2 days later, I was browsing through various challenge blogs, and when I opened 'Animal Friends' there was a lovely card (posted that day) by Dreja (DT), using the same image and die. I'm definitely not a gambler, but in this case I would have liked to have had a large bet on a co-incidence like that occuring......truly amazing....we must have telepathic powers!

John and I are now off to battle the Christmas Eve supermarket crowds. We are also driving down to Newcastle to the Seafood Co-op where the seafood is always super-fresh. I just heard on the local radio that the queue outside the co-op is l.o.n.g!! In Australia, we tend to have seafood at Christmas, because the weather is usually scorching (often in the 40sC).

In case I do not get a chance to do so tonight or tomorrow, I would like to wish you all a very
 Happy Christmas.

Hugs, 
Jennifer. x


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Love the cute little image and the CAS layout is beautiful. Wishing you a very happy Christmas and New Year. Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love all of the texture around the edge. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, lovely design, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers, hope you had a merry Christmas and have a very happy 2015,
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noch so eine süße Karte. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei der Traumfabrik.
    Viele Grüße Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was für ein süßes Mäuschen und die kleine passt perfekt zur aktuellen Challenge der Traumfabrik. Danke dir für deine Teilnahme ,viele liebe Grüsse Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sehr schön. Toll gemacht. Danke für die Teilnahme bei der Traumfabrik.
    Ich freue mich daß du das gleiche Motiv wie ich genommen hast. :) War bestimmt Telepathie. ;-)
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  7. A singing mouse, how cute!!
    Thanks for joining at the Dream Factory Challenge with a second beatiful work!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card love it. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.