Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 5 December 2014

Farewell Fairies

You may have guessed by the title of my blog that it is time to say goodbye to
Crafty Little Fairies. Yes, the very sad news is that our challenge blog is closing
after many happy and successful years. Originally we were Lili's Little Fairies. I 
was overjoyed 18 months ago when I was asked to join the super talented,
and lovely friendly fairies on their DT.

For our final challenge our theme is:-
'HOLLY AND/OR IVY'
You can use any image you wish, but please remember that it MUST be a hand
coloured, stamped or digi image, not a pre-coloured topper, or just die-cuts.

We have 4 fabulous sponsors, and they are









My card is for our lovely neighbours who have become dear friends.
(The 'Noel' is not crooked...I mounted it on 3D tape, and that is shadow,
as I photographed the card in early afternoon bright sunlight).


This is the first time I have used this sweet stamp which I bought several 
months ago after seeing it on so many blogs. 

Inside the card matches the front.

A closer look at the flower and foliage arrangement, in which I have
used both holly and ivy.

Image - Lili Of The Valley Christmas Candle
Colouring - Promarkers
Sentiment - Lili Of The Valley
Paper - First Edition Christmas Village
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Ovals, Decorative Labels Eight, Floral Ovals; Marianne Ivy Corners; Cheery Lynn Holly Strip, Wreath Strip
Punches - Making Memories Corner Rounder, Carl Fern
Sponging - Distress Inks Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain, Pine Branch
Stickles - Star Dust
Flowers and ribbon from my junk stash

Challenges
A Crafty Mess #2 - 'Anything Goes-Traditional Christmas Colours'
Brown Sugar #123 - 'Winter'
Completely Christmas #41 - 'Add Some Holly'
C.R.A.F.T. #288 - 'Christmas'
Crafting For All Seasons #91 - ''Tis The Season'
Delightful - 'Twinkle, Twinkle (Add Something Sparkly) I hope the glitter on her hat, pom poms and flowers is enough sparkle.
Divas By Design - 'Feeling Festive'
DRS Designs - 'Glitter'
Sentimental Sundays #235 - 'Lots Of Layers'
Through The Purple Haze #70 - 'It's All About Christmas'

For a chance to win one of the lovely prizes, why not visit us at Crafty Little Fairies, get some inspiration from my fellow fairies' gorgeous creations, then enter our 'Holly and/or Ivy' challenge.

Before I close I just want to say how happy and proud I have been whilst on the CLF DT, and also thank the other fairies for their inspiration and support.

Until next time,
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x




13 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I'm so sorry this challenge blog is closing. Your ability certainly shines through with card. Beautiful combination of image, papers and embellishments! Thanks for joining us this week at CRAFT Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite stamps for Christmas Jennifer and I haven't used it this year.After seeing him here and coloured so beautifully I feel the urge..gorgeous card.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning...

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow beautiful card. Love the way you created the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful card, love the papers and the image is so sweet, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Jennifer. Love the sweet image and pretty details.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my fave LOTV images and she looks so perfect in red and green! Fabulous flowers too!
    Thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges. Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very beautiful card. She is a lovely image - not one I own... yet lol! I love the roses and holly/ivy too. Thank you for sharing this with us at Sentimental Sundays x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your fabulous Christmas card with us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons this time.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous - love your design.

    Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT challenge and A Crafty Mess/

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 41 with your lovely crafting - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for entering your stunning card into our Challeng at A Crafty Mess..good luck ..Christine DT :) x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.