Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Christmas Recycling

A big welcome to my new followers. I hope you enjoy your visits.

Sometimes a friend will give us a Christmas card that is just too lovely to
place in the council recycling bin when all the festivities have finished.
This card is made from one such card from last year. It was a beautiful
soft blue, pearlised card with glitter on some of the snowflakes. Silly
me didn't take a photograph of the original, fairly large square card.

The silver ribbon hides where I have joined the pieces. The bottom piece of
the card is part of a horizontal panel on the original, and I cut down the top
piece (at the bottom of the original) to position the greeting. I then
die-cut a large snowflake from some glittered cardstock (IRL it 
is VERY sparkly!), and added a card candi which is a perfect 
colour match for the greeting and red snowflakes.

Inside my card has 2 pieces of snowflake-embossed card (not from the
original card), with the join covered by the silver ribbon, which
was a freebie in a magazine several years ago.

We gave this card to the lovely lady who gave us the original last year.
She was thrilled by the fact that I could not discard it, and amazed 
at how I had transformed it into something different.


Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Ovals; Marianne Snowflake
Embossing - Snowflakes (Unknown brand)
Card Candi - Craftwork Cards Christmas Mix
Ribbon - from my junk stash

Challenges
Get Creative #4 - 'Blue and White or Silver'
Sparkles Christmas #47 - 'It's A Blue, Blue Christmas' 

Yesterday, at the Fort we had our monthly guides meeting, followed by our Christmas luncheon. Tonight we are performing at the Fort for our Christmas party, which is for all members of the Fort Scratchley Historical Society, then tomorrow I am on duty all day, and we will be very busy, as there is a cruise ship calling into Newcastle for the day. On 'cruise ship days' we usually have 600-1,000 people visiting us.

If I manage to recover from these 3 days, I will be back at the weekend with another Christmas card, so until then, thank you for visiting, and "don't get your tinsel in a tangle".

Hugs, 
Jennifer. x




3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Jennifer, love all the sparkle.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing at Sparkles.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just the cutest snowflake ever what a lovely image and just perfect for our challenge over at “ Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Blue Blue Christmas “ good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.