Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, 23 December 2014

A Victorian Christmas

You will be pleased to know that I am getting to the end of my collection of
cards that feature 'that' poinsettia die and matching embossing folder.

I have to admit I was rather chuffed at how this card turned out. The papers
remind me of Victorian style wallpaper that can often be seen in old movies
and books. I really must use that branch die more often...it is so versatile.

Those tiny little 'pinecones' are from a tree we planted in one of our 
front paddocks many years ago.

For a change, I did not adhere a die-cut panel in the inside of the card,
but wrote my personal message directly on the DP.

Dies - Tim Holtz (Sissix) Tattered Poinsettia; Memory Box Woodland Branch 
Embossing - Tim Holtz (Sizzix) Texture Fades Textured Poinsettia Pattern Set
Papers - Kaisercraft Turtle Dove
Sentiment - Kaisercraft Turtle Dove
Ink for Sponging - Distress Inks
Gold cord, beads, and 'pine cones' are from my junk stash

Challenge
A Crafty Mess #2 - 'Anything Goes/Traditional Christmas Colours'
Card Mania #62 - 'Christmas' HONOURABLE MENTION
Dream Valley #97 - 'Christmas'

Thank you for visiting, and also for your lovely comments,
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x






3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful vintage project!
    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope you will continue to play with us next year!
    I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Very Happy New Year!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Dragonfly Dreams Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgoeus vintage Christmas card you made, the poinsetta looks amazing!
    Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams challenge!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.