Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 2 October 2014

50 Happy Years!

Do any of you have the feeling that we are hurtling at warp-speed
 towards Christmas and the end of 2014?          I do!!!!

Since our last challenge at Crafty Little Fairies, the weeks have just flown by,
and once again it is the first Thursday of the month...October...eek!
The theme of our new challenge is a nice easy one:-
USE ONLY ONE DP

We have 5 lovely sponsors this month, so "thank you" to 










In my previous post, I mentioned that John and I came out of 'performing
retirement' to play at the 50th Wedding anniversary celebration of a lovely
couple we have known for about 25 years. We have performed at every
one of their family celebrations over those years. We had a wonderful 
night, seeing all the family again, and performing all their (and our) 
favourite songs. One thing I had forgotten though, was how painful
 it is to stand, singing, for many hours in high heels!

This is the card I made for them.
Unfortunately, the gold roses on the rich burgundy paper do not show 
up very well, Also, the sparkly ribbon is a rich gold, not silver 
(as it appears to be).

A closer look at the sweet couple. I love the little lady's coy stance.

I am quite happy with how my first attempt at making these flowers
turned out. In fact, I have become a bit addicted to them...while at my
annual stamp camp 2 weeks ago, I made a large batch of them, in lots
of different colours. They are made by using 2 Retro flower punches
and Tim Holtz distress inks.

Inside my card matches the front. Once again, I have used my favourite
corner die, by Cuttlebug, one of the first die sets I bought.

Challenges
Crafter's Cafe #84 - 'Punches/die cuts'
Deep Ocean #87 - 'At Least One Flower'
Passion For Promarkers #267 - 'Make It Feminine'
The Crafting Cafe - 'Think Pink'

Image - Lili Of The Valley Aniversary Surprise
Colouring - Promarkers
Sentiment - Lili Of The Valley
Paper - Un-named (single sheet bought at craft show)
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Circles; Cuttlebug Heart, Heritage Corners, Olivia Alphabet (50); Cheery Lynn Wreath Foliage
Punches - EK Success Large and Small Retro Flowers
Flowers - Made by me, and from my junk stash
Ribbon - from my junk stash

For a chance to win one of the lovely prizes, why not visit us at Crafty Little Fairies,
 and enter our 'Use Only 1 DP' challenge, and while you are there be inspired by the 
gorgeous creations by all my 'Fairy' team mates.

Hugs, 
Jennifer. x



10 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Jennifer. The image is so sweet and I love all the pretty details.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty Anniversary card, Jennifer! Love the rich colour tones, sweet LOTV image and your fab handmade flowers - just perfect for our theme this week at Passion for Promarkers! Thanks for joining us and good luck! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute, gorgeous flowers, thanks for joining us at The Crafters Cafe this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer, I love your little card! It's a shame when the true colours don't show in the photos but never mind, it's just gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing in the Think Pink challenge at The Crafting Cafe this month!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card. thank you for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe Challenge. Marlene DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card. Thank you for sharing it with us over at The Crafting Café this month x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stunning Jennifer.Beautiful detailing and colouring and i love your design and sweet image.
    Thanks so much for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning! The vintage feel and soft colours are simply gorgeous and wow, those handmade flowers are exquisite :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful vintage card, thanks for sharing it at the Crafting Cafe challenge Janet DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely sensitive card, thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.